hobby

Maras ship rises out of an old temple full of princesses. It hovers high in the air as they get some much deserved rest. Including catra. Adora, even with catras constant I don't need your help and I'll do it myself attitude, still stays by her side, helping her with literally anything she needs. Glimmer, back in full health stands up.

"Okay, now that we're all rested and out of that dusty old ship, why don't I make us some food." This heightens everyones mood

"Let me help you." The group is stunned to see catra volunteering to help glimmer with the cooking. Adora tries to follow pursuit but catra quickly whispers in her ear.

"I'll be fine adora, I just need to talk to sparkles in private."

Adora nods and heads back to her seat. Catra and glimmer leave for the kitchen. Once they arrives, glimmer instructs catra to begin the prep work by washing and chopping the vegetables. An awkward silence falls between the two.

"So catra, why did you decide to help me" glimmer tries to break the tension. The question embarrasses catra.

"I-I need a hobby" catra says in admission " adora said I needed one besides troublemaking a-and she also said that I'm rough with my food and I need to work on my eti-quette, whatever that means"

Glimmer can't help but smirk at this

"W-what?!"

"Oh nothing ;)"

Another awkward moment ensues

"So you're in love with adora, right?" This question turns catra bright red.

"You just found that out!?" Catra says sarcastically but flustered

"I mean, I feel like I always knew but why didn't you guys tell us?"

" because I thought it would effect your little best friend trio or whatever you call it"

" best friend squad, and you're a part of it too, Y'know." Glimmer says reassuringly

"Yeah whatever"

Another silence falls over them.

"Something on your mind?"

"S-sorta"

Glimmer puts her hand on catras shoulder.

"You can tell me anything, catra I'm your friend"

" o-okay" catra takes a deep breath and a sigh. " I've been having these visions in my sleep of adora and the horde. At first I thought they were just dreams but they felt so real." Catra hesitates " I think we should keep adora away from hordon as much as possible"

Glimmer projects an equally worried expression.

"Catra, I know adora means alot to you, but she's our best chance at stopping the horde for good"

" which is exactly why we need to keep her out of this, hordon will either kill her like he said, or turn her against us!"

"Look catra, that is a possibility, and if that's the case, I'll happily take your side and leave her on the ship, okay?"

"Fine" catra sighs at this

" catra she looked kinda depressed out there, maybe you should go and cheer her up

" yeah your right, awww and I even told her I'd be a better girlfriend after the trial" catra stretches her arms out, feeling like multiple weights have been lifted off her chest.

" oh and catra? S-sorry... about exiling you"

" It's okay, that's your job after all" with that, catra exits the kitchen.

Catra scans the main room to find adora looking worried twiddling her thumbs.

"Adora?" Catra slides next to adora

"What is it" adora says with a slight pout

" I-I'm sorry, I've been really mean to you ever since my wrist got injured"

"Oh yeah, how is your wrist doing?" Adoras spirits are brought up by catras sudden apology

"Better"

"That's good" adora clings to catras arm with a big smirk on her face.

Catra gains a mischievous and playful mood when she gently pokes adoras cheek with the tip of her tongue. Adora immediately backs off fully flustered

"C-catra w-what are yo-!" Catra pounces on adora, the two finally get to roughhouse again till they were finally tired enough to fall asleep.

We're in the homestretch now boys!😎😎😎. I hope you enjoyed this one. I had a bit of writers block but got it done. And I'm pretty happy with it😀. It's been a fun journey but prepare for a climactic and possibly tear jerking ending.