Chapter 13

"RAGE, pasensya na kung nakalimutan kong sabihin sayo na hindi na tayo matutuloy."

Hinging paumanhin ni Kalisz kay Rage na natagpuan niya sa garden ng villa ni Kronack. Nakaupo ito sa duyan na nakasabit sa oak na puno habang nagvi-vape.

Iniwan niya kanina pa si Kronack sa kwarto nito na mahimbing na natutulog. Tumawag kasi si Vegas kaya halos isang oras din siyang nasa kwarto niya, pagkatapos ay hindi niya namalayan na nakatulog siya. At nung magising siya ay doon niya lang naalala si Rage.

Rage looked at her and smiled.

"Nah," he disregarded with his hand. "I already expected it," saad nito at tumigil sa pagvivape.

Kalisz was relieved. Akala niya pinaghintay niya ito.

"How's the talk? Aalis ka pa ba?" Usisa nito.

Tumingin siya dito at nagkibit-balikat.

"I don't know," she said in a droopy voice.

Despite her decision to stay for a while, she can't discard the pinch of sadness that is creeping into her heart every time she thinks that Kronack will also leave her in the future.

"What's with the droopy voice?"

Bumuntong-hininga si Kalisz bago tumingin sa binata. Nakataas ang isang kilay ni Rage habang nakatingin sa kanya ng seryoso.

"Wala naman." Kalisz smiled trying to cover her sadness.

"I can see it's far from nothing." Rage tsked and stood up. "But I'm not gonna force you to tell me. Just remember, I'm here to help you anytime and of course, Auri. We can accompany you whenever you plan to look for rental homes."

She gave Rage a smile and thanks. It will be a big help for her when the time comes that she must already leave.

Kalisz remains staring at Rage. Looking at his face while asking herself what makes him remind her of someone dear to her. The resemblance maybe. The only difference is, the one that's in her memories is a young boy. A happy, gentle, and loving-looking boy.

While Rage is an adult. His lips may smile but never reached his eyes, and he doesn't look loving unless it's Auri they're talking about. And he's far from gentle with that sharp eyes and a notch between his brows, you'll know his far from it.

Nonetheless, he still reminds her of her brother. Maybe because of his eyes.

Or it's just her mind playing stupid tricks to pleasure her heart that is missing and craving for that brother's love again?

"Don't stare too much, I don't want my brother to go bull if he sees you staring at me," Rage spoke with a smug grin on his face.

Pero hindi siya nakinig. Mas lalo niyang minimorya ang mukha ni Rage at inaalala ang malabong mukha ng kapatid niyang nangako sa kanya noon na hinding-hindi siya iiwan.

"You remind me of someone..." Hindi mapigilang sabihin ni Kalisz.

Lumapad ang ngisi nito.

"My brother?" Rage jested.

"My brother." Kalisz bleakly corrected.

Hindi niya talaga maiwasang hindi malungkot at mawalan ng gana pagnaalala niya ang ina at kapatid. It has been almost two decades since they left her but the pain they inflicted on her young heart is still there. Not strong as the first year that she has to live without them but it's still there. Ready to envelop her with sadness and emotional pain if she let herself focus on the past.

Pinilig ni Kalisz ang ulo ng makita ang pagbabago ng emosyon sa mukha ni Rage. Mula sa mapagbiro nitong mukha ay napalitan ito ng seryoso at nangbabasang tingin.