Chapter 17

MATAPOS maligo at isuot ang damit na binigay ni Kronack ay lumabas ng banyo si Kalisz.

Malungkot na tumitig siya sa mga mata niya nang humarap siya sa salamin na nasa silid ng binata. Lalong-lalo na sa mata niyang kulay-abo. Pumatak ang luha niya sa ala-alang naging dahilan kung bakit magkaiba na ang kulay ng mga mata niya.

Nakita na ni Kronack ang tunay na kulay ng isang mata niya. Alam niyang marami itong tanong pero hindi niya alam kung kaya niya na ba itong sagutin.

Kalisz hated the gray color of her right eye because it reminds her of her dad. The very man that should've protected her but didn't. Instead, her father dragged her to the threshold of her death, almost pushing her to die.

Her father used her as compensation for his unimaginable debt which he was unable to pay. And that leads her to be in the hand of a very sick man!

Kalisz wanted to throw everything she could reach but thought better. This isn't her room. None of these is hers and that stopped her from trashing.

Harshly wiping her tears, Kalisz tried to calm herself. She has to forget about her past— her dad, and that sick man. She's alive, breathing, and far from that man's grasp and she's mentally functioning well.

Tinalikuran niya ang salamin at nahiga sa kama ni Kronack. Kalisz did not know why he brought her here instead of her room. Nevertheless, she stayed, tried to sleep, and rest.

But after twists and turns, Kalisz stayed restless and unable to sleep. Her mind is full of bad memories. Memories that she badly wants to forget and never again remember.

Her mind keeps questioning.

Bakit siya iniwan ng kapatid niya at ina?

Hindi na niya mabilang kung ilang beses. Pero wala siyang maisagot dito kundi; dahil ayaw na ng mga ito sa kanya. Masaya na ang mga ito na wala siya at hindi kasama.

She was maybe a burden. Just like how her father always tells her. She's a burden that no one wanted to carry. Unwanted. Too stupid to be adored. And a person that should be shunned.

At first, Kalisz didn't believe it and held on to her mom and brother's promises and love. She holds on to the day they'll be back to get her. But her father made her feel and see how stupid she was to hold on to those empty promises and love.

And she has to learn it the hard way and painfully. She had seen through her very own eyes how happy were her mom and brother when she saw them dining in a very expensive restaurant with a man Kalisz's supposed to be her brother's real dad. Because she was stubborn and stupid she did her best to talk to her mother but she shunned her, telling her she was not happy to see her.

It was painful. At a very young age, she was badly hurt emotionally and it was unbearable. She had wished her mom would just hurt her physically because she was used to it.

After all, her dad would often hit her. Bruises heal and the pain goes away after a day or so but the emotional pain...it was something her child's heart was unable to heal in a day. And she hated it.

Minahal niya naman sila pero mukhang hindi 'yon ang kailangan nila. Hindi sapat ang pagmamahal niya para hindi siya iwan ng mga ito. Even her dad, she loved him but he didn't want it. Hindi siya iniwan nito pero ipinambayad naman siya sa utang.

At nararamdaman niyang nagmamahal na naman siya. Kalisz could feel it. She comprehends her love will be just as strong as the love she had for her family but different.

Her love for her mom and brother was strong. She loved them so much. They were her strength, comfort, family— her everything back then.

Now, Kronack was able to make her feel such strong love again. He is becoming her comfort, strength, and everything. And Kalisz believes every person she will love will eventually leave her. Maiiwan at maiiwan siya. At alam niyang ganon din si Kronack.