15 | Hot

After Dante had stormed out of the office, I made sure to quickly gather my things and head to complete my work for the day.

It seems as though my days have been filled with constant thoughts of Dante Brown, and lately actual physical visits from the man himself. I needed to get my life together and back on track. Starting with addressing the way I reacted when I was around him. I didn't understand his sudden mood swings. First he's angry and stubborn, and then he's arrogant and flirty.

It was giving me whiplash. And definitely not good for my head or my emotions for that matter.

"Hey, I'm heading out for the night, have a good one!" Said Ellie as she managed to wave goodbye before she walked out the front door.

Looking at the time I noticed it was well past five, and that I should probably do the same. Gathering my things, I made sure to turn everything off. I also made sure to send a closing email to Mr Kennedy so he knows I completed all the tasks that were asked of me.

Before I could reach the door I noticed a text message come through on my phone.

Tatum: Hey bitch, I'm coming over in 20...

Fuck, I forgot she was suppossed to come by.

Me: Ok sounds good, just heading home from work now.

Tatum: Damn no need to overwork yourself there...

Laughing I shut my phone off and placed it into my bag. Sighing, I stepped out into the chilly afternoon watching as the cars zipped by and the night life became alive. My eyes traced the city skyline, getting lost in the high rises and skyscrapers that littered the city. It was beautiful, and sometimes I could get lost in thought just watching the city come to life. But Tatum was coming over and I had to make sure I got home in time.

Hailing a taxi, I climbed in the back seat and awaited our arrival to my apartment. Once we reached the apartment I went straight to my floor heading to my door. I unlocked the front door and stepped inside, flicking on the lights in both the kitchen and the living room. I went to change before Tatum would arrive, trading the work clothes for some sweatpants and an oversized T-Shirt. Just as I liked it.

Sure enough, not even 10 minutes later, Tatum was knocking at my door. I made sure to make my way over and open it immediately before she could start her insistent banging again.

"Hey," I said with a smile while opening the door wide for my friend to enter.

She narrowed her eyes at me smirking and took a step inside.

"You and I have much to talk about, starting with last night!" She exclaimed and headed straight for the living room bypassing all formalities. Ok then.

If I learned one thing about Tatum Black it's that she never beats around the bush. She always means business and when it comes to matters like this... I was scared to know how she'd react.

"Most of last night was a mistake," I said while skeptically looking towards her direction. She was seated on the couch and I took that as my indication to do the same as she drilled me with her eyes.

"What even happened after you left to dance. And before you even try to lie, Mad's already told me happened so don't sugar coat it."

She held my eyes in a stare down.

"Fine," I sighed while settling besides her crossing my legs on the couch.

"I went to dance like I told you two, met this stranger and did just that. It was fun, I was having fun and then," I stopped looking down to my hands in my lap.

"Continue," she pushed.

"And then Dante came up to me asking for a dance," I think it's safe to say I will be leaving out the minor maybe major detail we had more history than what she maybe thinks.

"The guy I was dancing with just kind of left in shock after seeing Dante so Dante took his opportunity and pulled me into dance." I said and looked up to her.

"Pulled you in eh? How hot is he up close... that man is a walking sex god." Her eyes widened and her mouth slid into a wide grin.

I shook my head and rolled my eyes at her.

"He's... good looking yes." I said back while looking away from her eyes.

"You are the absolute worst when it comes to men. Please just for once admit a man is HOT, drool worthy panty dropping HOT," she beamed wiggling her eyebrows.

"Fine... he's hot." I blushed, shaking my head at her.

She laughed and threw her head back. I just blushed harder and grabbed a nearby pillow shoving it in her face to shut her up.

"HEY!" She yelled, throwing it back at me, I just laughed and threw it to the floor.

"Wait, you still haven't told me the best part." I gulped, nervously looking towards her face. I didn't know what Mads had said and I wasn't sure how much I was truly comfortable with sharing. In all honesty I don't even know what I'd say...

"What part." I said back.

She rolled her eyes at me again.

"The part where Dante Brown had you shoved up against a nightclub wall with his mouth on yours," she exclaimed while smiling with a knowing look. Great, so she does know. I didn't even know what to say, my mind was blank.

Actually at this very moment it was filled with flashbacks of Dante Brown shoving me up against a wall and devouring my mouth with his. I clenched my thighs together at the sheer thought of it and cursed my body at it's reaction. But who wouldn't react like so with that running through their mind.

"I was drunk." Was my quick short answer. My cheeks were most definitely beyond red now and there was no way she had missed the way I had stilled at her mentioning his lips on mine.

"So was everyone in that fucking club Amelia, just own up to it. You liked it didn't you?" She narrowed her eyes at me with a smirk.

"I don't know Tatum, it was a mistake and lasted only a few seconds before we were interrupted." I quickly dismissed it.

I wasn't sure what she wanted me to stay here. If I was being honest I didn't even give myself time to fully understand what had happened. Both last night and at work today. God if she ever found out about that one she would scream.

"No one kisses Dante Brown and just dismisses it like it doesn't exist...I know you hate talking about your feelings so I'll let you slide on this one," she sighed shifting so she was on the edge of the couch.

"But just know I won't let this go, and I will be drilling Rodney about this later." And with that she grabbed the remote to turn the tv on.

"What's going on with you and Rodney anyway, you were both awfully close last night." Now it was my turn to throw a knowing smirk her way.

She laughed and shook her head, keeping her eyes on the TV.

"I slept with him and now we just send naughty text messages back and forth all day," she said all in one breath in the most casual tone ever as if she was talking about the weather.

"Um, Tatum! You slept with him?? When where you going to tell me?" I screeched at her bringing her attention back towards me.

"Um I just did, plus if you couldn't tell last night, there was some major sexual tension."

She was so nonchalant about this whole conversation I didn't even know what to say. Shaking my head I stood up walking towards the kitchen cabinet where I know I kept my takeout menus.

"So what are we having, Chinese or Pizza?" I asked her across the room.

"PIZZA" She yelled back.

I laughed, shaking my head. Pizza it is.