27 | I'd Like That Too

It's been about an hour since I've seen Dante. After his... confession, I scooted away to find Tatum. So far the party has been quite fun. Zac introduced us to his boyfriend Dylan and they seemed like the perfect pair.

"Want to grab us another drink?" Tatum asks from beside me. We had settled down at our table to eat and had just finished. "Sure," I said while standing up to grab more drinks for us. The bar wasn't nearly as packed as it would be at a club so it was easy enough to get the attention of the bartender.

"Hi, can I get refills for table 7," I asked while smiling. The woman shook her head yes and got to work.

"So, what's going on between you and Dante?'' A voice came from beside me. I shot my head to the side bringing my eyes up to meet Zac's. Shaking my head I muttered out "nothing."

He gave me a knowing look and narrowed his eyes.

"You are the worst liar Amelia, I've known you all of what? An hour? And I can already tell you're lying." He smiled at me and watched as my face grew red.

"Shouldn't you be entertaining your guests? Isn't this your birthday party," I said moving my eyes to the bartender as she finished up making the drinks.

"I am entertaining them, right now, as I grill you for the juicy details on mr tall mysterious and handsome." He wiggled his eyebrows and reached for the drinks that the bartender laid out, helping me carry them back to the table. "You're worse than Tatum I think," I shook my head and led the way to the table.

Setting the drinks down I noticed another chair had been pulled up to our table. It had Dante's jacket on it so I could only assume he was now sitting here. Great.

"Amelia, tell Rodney about that Tate guy. Isn't he weird? I got serious creepy vibes from him." She scowled in disgust and then reached for her cocktail that I had just placed on the table. I ran my eyes over Rodney and watched as his face hardened.

"Yea he was weird," I said quietly watching as he turned to the person behind me. Zac had sat my drink down and then proceeded to go find Dylan. "What do you mean weird? Tate who? What was his last name?" Rodney questioned further. I turned my head in time to Dante walk up and settle in the seat next to me where his jacket lay.

"I don't remember but he seemed like he knew you Dante," she said taking a sip of her drink giving Dante a cold stare. I settled into my chair, taking a sip of my own drink. I did not like where this conversation was going and I just wanted to have one night of drama free fun.

"It doesn't matter, we can just forget about it okay?" I pushed and looked at Tatum pleadingly. She shook her head and moved her eyes back to Rodney, starting a conversation. Now that the attention was off Tatum, I was left hyper aware of the person sitting to my right and my skin heated.

"The journalist agreed to meet Monday to talk about the article. Apparently she doesn't see the big deal but said she'd be willing to talk," Dante said in a hushed voice leaning closer to my side so I could hear.

Turning to him I met his green eyes. He had a bit of a 5 o'clock shadow going on but was still so handsome. My heart skipped a beat at how close we were and I tried not to think about his lips on mine but it was hard not to. I cleared my throat.

"Okay, what time?" I asked, bringing my glass to my lips and watching as his eyes followed my movements. My skin grew goosebumps.

"After the program, at 5:30. You'll already be in my building so I asked her to meet there." He said. I watched as he brought his hand up to my face and I looked at him confused. His fingers ran along my cheekbone, pushing the fallen hair aside. His eyes had grown darker and my heart had started to beat faster.