Epilogue

I wasn't sure whether or not to make it blue or grey. The office I'd taken over last week laid in front of me and the two strips of sample pants sat on my shiny new desk.  I wanted an accent wall, and with Mr Kennedy's okay to do as I pleased with the new office, I knew I had to have it.

It's been a month since the verdict cast Matt Frasier behind bars. A month of celebrations and new beginnings. It was around two weeks after our celebratory night at the club that I was officially promoted here at Kennedy Publishing. Nothing could describe the feeling of finally getting a seat in an official office.

I had a lot of people to owe for that but most importantly myself. I pushed through years of mental torment and running from my past to get here. I deserved it.

"Is this the janitors closet?" A voice said, startling me.

Dante stepped through the door, smirk on his face and I shook my head. Of course it was him. I watched as he stepped forward, eyes scanning my new office.

"Nice," he said. Stepping to me I was pushed back until my legs met the cold metal of my desk. His arms forced me to sit as they were placed on either side of me. I smiled up at him.

He leaned down, leaving a soft peck to my lips.

"I'm proud of you," he said pulling back. He looked dapper in his all black suit today.

"Thank you." I answered smiling up at him. I don't think I've smiled this much in years.

"Should we take the desk out for a spin?" He questioned. My cheeks instantly heated and I swatted his chest as he laughed.

"Absolutely not. Mr Kennedy is literally two doors down." I said shaking my head. He just smiled at me.

"You're right. We can save the christening furniture for our apartment tonight." He said casually.

I blinked up at him in shock.

"What'd you say?" I whispered confused.

I watched as he stuffed his hand in his pocket, pulling out a shiny silver key.

"Ours. They key is yours if you want it." He whispered close to my face. "I want to wake up next to you for the rest of my life. How about getting a head start?" He smiled.

"Dante Brown are you asking me to move in with you." I teased slightly.

"Yes, yes I am." He said serious with a hint of a smile on his face. I wrapped my hand around the silver key.

"Okay," I whispered against his mouth moving forward to kiss him.

We had plenty of time ahead of us to figure out how our lives would work together as one. They say when something feels right it probably is. And this feels right. So I gripped the cold silver key in my hand and kissed the man I love, officially falling for Dante Brown.

The end

______________________

Authors note;

Holy crap. We're finished. This has been one of the most exciting experiences of my life. I had no idea two months ago I'd be writing my own little book.

She's not perfect and she never will be but that's okay.

I want to say thank you to every SINGLE person who's read my book, reached out to me, or left any kind words.

As for the future, I plan on diving into writing all the ideas I've gathered throughout the course of writing this one! As for a sequel (I'm not sure). Just know that this book ended in a way it could be left or picked up. Just please don't expect anything soon.

You can find me on any of my socials here:
Insta/ jennanidzreads
Twitter/ jennanidzreads
Tiktok / jennanidz

I love you all,

Thanks for coming on Amelia and Dante's journey.

Until next time :) ,

Jenna x