Chapter 7: They Are My Family...

Shota Aizawa's P.O.V

Three days. It had been three days since I had been made aware of All Might's missing son, and over the course of those three days, I hadn't heard anything. There was no good news, there was no bad news, it was complete and utter radio silence.

This was an odd case. It was the first I had ever heard of All Might having a son, and to hear that he had potentially run away from home was even odder. Having a pro hero as a parent was amazing enough but having the number one hero in the world as your parent would have seemed like such an honor — it would have seemed amazing.

So, why would he have run away?

I had been resting my eyes in the staff room as I thought over the possible answers to questions no one had been asking when I heard the doors open. Opening my eyes, I saw Nemuri and Yamada talking from the doorframe. Yamada and Nemuri were some of my closest friends, though I hated to admit it.

I stood up to greet them as I normally would have — taking this as my five-minute warning before class would start — but was surprised to hear them talking about All Might's son rather than their usual idiotic banter. Perking up, I began to speak as I approached my high school friends.

"Have they found him yet? All Might's son, I mean." I asked the two.

Giving me a wide stare, the two looked at me as if I were some sort of alien asking where the nearest spaceship pump was. Seeing their expressions, I clarified how I had run into All Might the other night and what he had told me; however, that didn't cease their odd stares. Glancing towards one another, Nemuri began to speak — finally allowing me to understand their gawk.

"I guess All Might hasn't told you, yet." She started in a doleful tone. "The boy took his own life the other day, I'm so sorry you found out this way, Shota."

I could hardly believe my two friends as they continued with their conversation — discussing the boy and the tragedy that had claimed his life. Although I hadn't particularly liked All Might as a hero, he seemed like he would have made a good dad. He was fun, he was carefree, and he wasn't often bounded by rules — which were all good qualities to have as a fun dad. So, hearing that the son of the number one hero had taken his own life only a few days ago was incredibly odd.

"Wow, that's awful." I spoke solemnly.

Continuing on with their conversation, I found out the boy's name was Yagi Izuku. He was a fourteen-year-old boy that went to Aldera Junior High and from Nemuri and Yamada's discussion, none of them knew why the boy would have ever wanted to take his life — which intrigued me.

Time to start my research.

_______________

Izuku Yagi's P.O.V

As my eyes fluttered open, my head was pounding. I couldn't remember how long I had been asleep, nor could I remember what had happened as clearly as I would have liked; however, what I did remember was standing up for myself.

For the first time in my life, I didn't shy away or back down — allowing myself to have the crap beaten out of me — I stood up and fought for myself. I finally understood Shigaraki's training. He wasn't trying to hurt me or beating me just for the sake of it, he was helping me to grow, and I couldn't be more thankful for what he has taught me.

Lifting the thick blanket covers of my bed off of my body, I felt my eyes widen slightly. There, lying all across my body, were bandages. The bandages varied in sizes and color — some being a pearly, snow white and others being more pinkish and blood-stained — but they coated the majority of my body. My abdomen was coated in the bandages; my head was coated in the bandages; my right wrist, my left ankle — it was all encased in the gauze-like material. The bandages coated the majority of my body; however, I didn't care.