Chapter 22b : Where Would He Be?

Tenya Iida's P.O.V

I was currently running through the back alleyways of Hosu City. I had arrived for my internship just a mere few days ago. The whole time I was interning with Manual, I had been secretly locating Stain.

Before even applying for my internship, I had been researching the infamous Hero Killer. Assessing his murder patterns, trying to understand his motives, learning everything I possibly could that would benefit my own goal.

To avenge my big brother.

I had noticed that he seemed to kill at least four people in every city he went to. In Hosu City, my brother, was his first victim. Meaning he should still be there now. I had also made the connection that he preferred to kill in less populated areas.

Hence, my running through the alleyways, rather than the streets.

There were plenty of alleyways, and I had no way of figuring out how often he committed his murders, so I was at a severe disadvantage.

He could be killing his next target across town as I run through these alleys.

I thought of every thing that could possibly go wrong as I ran. So deep in my own head, that I almost missed the sound of a sword being removed from its sheath to my left. I turned my head to see none other than the man I had been looking for.

The Hero Killer : Stain.

I made an abrupt turn towards the hero killer as I ran full speed at him, preparing to kick him in the face. I made virtually no noise; however, I definitely cannot say the same about my suit. The metal clashed together as I tried to keep my movements undetected, alerting the notorious Hero Killer of my presence.

He averted his sword to face me, and without time to dodge, his sword collided with my mask of metal. It didn't pierce the armor I had covering my face; although, my mask flew off in the process.

"A child wearing a suit..."

I rose from my spot on the ground, as the man in front of me, covered in blades, spoke. He told me to leave, that this were no place for children. I took note of his appearance, further confirming that this were, indeed, Stain.

He wore red and beige scarfs, that flowed gracefully through the wind. A layer of knives, decorating his torso, as well as one long sword which he were holding. His long, black hair, kept out of his face due to his blood red headband and beige mask. His eyes. His vibrant, luminescent, red eyes that pierced through my being.

If I were in a normal mind-set, this would shock me to my core. This look would paralyze me with fear, but I'm not in my normal mind-set. I'm angry. I'm in a mind-set, hellbent on vengeance.

    I'm in a mind-set corrupt with blood lust.

My expression contorted as I stared into the eyes of my brother's killer. I was about to speak, when his sword raised to meet my un-masked face.

"You're eyes are seething with vengeance. Be careful what you say next, need be, even someone your age could become my target." His cold, monstrous eyes gleamed with a strand of mercy as he spoke. 

"Are you saying I'm... Not even a threat to you?" My fists clutched by my sides, feeling even more rage than before creeping into my mind.

"You listen to me criminal, I am-"

I was attempting to vocalize my thoughts, when I heard a childish laugh fill the air. Creating an even more earie atmosphere than before. Both me and the Hero Killer glanced to meet the source of the disturbing sound in a fit of confusion.