Chapter 34 : Kill Him First...

Inko Yagi's P.O.V

My face felt cold in the frosty embrace of the rain. I couldn't contain my tears as I stared at the casket that sat in a hole, six feet deep in the ground. Izuku's alive. My baby is alive, and he just killed my husband.

It's been five weeks since my husband's gruesome death, I could barely grasp the fact that he was dead. That he was dismembered and decapitated on live television for the world to see, and that it was my own son—thought to be dead—that had ended Toshinori's life.

I stood in front of his grave, alongside my husband's work associates, some students, friends, and family members still with us, with three roses in hand. I felt as if my world were slowly crumbling—wilting—as a rose without water or sunlight.

This was my fault.

Izuku is only like this because of what I had done to him. If I could go back in time, I would fix everything. I would have treated him as I did Izumi. I would have told him I loved him. I would have payed attention to him. I would have helped him, rather than let him suffer alone, silently, until the day he ran away.

It's too late now.

He killed his father, my husband, and now he has to be held accountable for that act of violence. No matter his past, and our faults, nothing will change the fact that he has hurt a lot of people, and he will have to be taken down. I will take him down, and afterwards, I will resign from my position as a hero.

I don't deserve to be a hero, but I have to avenge my late-husband now.

I'm sorry Izuku.

_______________

Izuku Yagi's P.O.V

I stood, staring from a far in the rain. I had heard that today was the day of the funeral, and I felt that I owed it to my father to pay my respects. Despite our past. Well, that's what I've been telling myself. The real reason is because I wanted to see the looks of absolute despair on the faces of those that attended.

It was magnificent.

The tear stained cheeks, the red, puffy eyes, the anger and sadness, evident on their faces. They looked exactly how I did for years.

I struggled to contain my laughter, but I knew if I had laughed, the heroes would have noticed me. I honestly wouldn't have minded killing a bunch of my dad's friends and comrades; however, I wasn't really in the mood.

Somedays I feel more murderous than others. Somedays, I'm more laidback and bored than others. I don't mind killing heroes and all, but I'm feeling more bored today, and it would just be tedious. Besides, this is no place to have a battle anyway. I know the heroes probably wouldn't see anything wrong with battling in a cemetery, but I think it would be disrespectful.

I got bored as soon as Izumi began to speak, spitting out lies of our father being 'the most caring and loving person she'd ever met' and whatnot. Those aren't exactly the words I'd use to describe him, though.

I activated Ghost and turned myself invisible, before quickly flying away. I had to get back to the Shie Hassaikai base before anyone noticed my absence.

I still have stuff to do.

_______________

Walking through the base as quietly as I possibly could be, I snuck around, looking for the child. Kaminari had told me yesterday that Overhaul had called her Eri.