Chapter 50 : And So The Race Begins...

Izuku Yagi's P.O.V

I felt my throat closing, and my eyes widening. My skin paled, and my body grew cold as I shook in fear. Fear that this were reality. Fear that this were truly happening.

Fear that Tomura was now dead.

This was my plan. This was what I had wanted. This was what I had been pushing myself to achieve for so long. The outcome I had hoped for was finally upon me, but I didn't feel happy. I was miserable. I was distraught. I was angry. Angry with Nine, and angry with myself.

This wasn't what had I wanted.

Not anymore.

All I want is to play video games with Tomura again.

All I want is to eat dinner with Tomura at the bar again.

I don't want this.

"I don't want this anymore!" I yelled out in vain as I ran to Tomura.

I activated my Energy Whips and launched them towards Nine as he stood shocked at my sudden outburst. An explosion of color filled my vision as my energy burst out of the whips in my hands. The green light of my rage that poured out of my whips and body was reeking of toxicity and self-hatred.

As my whips slashed down Nine's form, I watched his body split in two. Breathing in and out with adrenaline coursing through my veins, I ran to Tomura's side. He was coughing up blood and felt cold to the touch.

"No, no, no, no, no, please, stay with me!" I screamed at him as I shook his cold body — before pulling him into my arms. "Please, I don't want this anymore... I don't want you to go..."

The tears streamed down my face as regret clouded my mind.

I did this.

I killed him.

"H-Hey..." He started with a raspy and strained voice as he gasped for air — reaching out his hand to grasp my face, while also making sure not to touch me with all five of his fingers. "It's ok... Izuku..."

A loud sob echoed past my lips as his blood seeped into my clothes. His blood was on my hands, and he knew it. He knew this was my fault, yet he'd still been consoling me.

"Listen, kid... I'm not mad... I love you so much, and nothing will change that." He continued. "Know that I'll always be there for you, and whatever led you to doing this, I will support you in. Even through death. I'll always be watching over you... Little... Brother..."

His voice trailed off as the life in his eyes drained. His hand — still clasped around my face — felt lifeless against my tear-stained cheek. The stiffness of his body only reiterated the cold reality that I had been faced with, in this moment.

Tomura was dead, and it was all my fault.

As I accepted the harsh reality that the person I had killed, still thought of me as family, I wept. At that moment, I didn't care about what the two people behind me were doing. I didn't care about what would happen to me. All I cared about, was the lifeless corpse of the man that had saved my life. The lifeless corpse that I refused to let go of, because I felt that if I did, it would only hurt more.

"Please... bro..." I began. "You're my best friend, don't leave me!" I cried out from the depths of my heart as I cradled his stiff body in my arms.

The sounds around me seemed to drown out as my heartbeat grew louder in my ears. The voices behind me were muffled and the world seemed to stop turning for just a moment as I cried.