Chapter 17 : Get Ready.

Toshinori Yagi's P.O.V

My eyes fluttered open slowly, as a bright light shown into my eyes. Slowly adjusting to the blinding lights, I looked around. I was laying in a room of white, a constant beeping, ringing through my ears. I slowly sat up, only to gasp in pain before laying back down. I cringed as I felt a surging pain in my abdomen, and back.

"DAD!" A woman shouted.

As my vision cleared further, I noticed a young woman with long, golden, blonde hair and electric-blue eyes, rushing to rise from her seat. I looked at her, taking in the appearance of the woman before me. She had flushed cheeks overtop a pale face. Red eyes, matching that of an apple, evidently from crying. She looked sickly.

"Izumi?" I asked my daughter.

My voice had a layer of concern stitched between the fabrics of shock. She looked at me with tear-filled eyes before leaning down to hug my crippled, skeleton form.

"You're ok..." She stated, her voice overflowing with emotions.

Her tone spoke a thousand words, though she could only make out a few. I returned her embrace, filling the room with the warmth all children should feel. Comforting her, I began to ask her questions.

"What... what happened?" My voice was hoarse, and she took note of that.

Handing me a glass of water, she began to explain what had happened. I listened to her, shock, and remorse visible on my face. The USJ was supposed to be a fun, learning experience, but it turned to be a complete and utter nightmare.

The list of injured students was extensive, while the list of deceased students is even more so. There were three casualties of the incident, as well as six intensive injuries. The young heroes have suffered a great deal of pain.

It has been two weeks since the USJ 'incident', and I have been unconscious the entire time. The students have been given this time off from school, this time was for their trauma based on the incident.

Young-Iida and Young-Tohru had apparently sustained a great mental injury regarding the murder of their classmate they had laid witness to. They had apparently refrained from speaking for multiple days after the death. When they finally did react, they both went ballistic. Doctors had to sedate them, in fear of causing further injuries.

As well as the death of Young-Koda, the pros had discovered Young-Aoyama's body in the Mountain Zone. His body had been impaled by a spike in the ground, causing his organs and tissue to spew about. Blood was still flowing when they discovered his body. His eyes were rolled back in his sockets, while his forehead had been tagged. The initials 'L.O.V' had been carved into his forehead, only causing more blood to spew. Officials suspect the letters to represent the name of the group that had attacked us.

Days later, a pool of black, foul-smelling liquid had been discovered in the Conflagration Zone. The pros at first assumed it to be an oil or something along those lines, but after further investigation, they found otherwise. In the NPA crime lab, the forensic scientist had a gut feeling, telling them to inspect the liquid. Through sample testing, he discovered a deoxynucleic acid signature with genetic material to match one of the missing students. Young-Asui.

Upon further review, a chard piece of flesh was found. They identified the mysterious and disgusting liquid to have been her remains. There were suspicions of foul play; however, they have no idea what happened to her. The NPA believes it was an unfortunate accident, the cause of a mismatched unfortunate situation, or wrong-place-wrong-time. The forensic scientist believes differently, saying the villains must have happily burned her alive.