Chapter 60 : It's Our Move.

Izuku Yagi's P.O.V

I could sense a pair of large eyes burning holes into my back as I stood, staring at Re-Destro—who sat calmly in front of me. I had known Gigantomachia would make an appearance, but it seemed that he was no longer of use for what I had originally hoped to use him for.

Taking down the Metahuman Liberation Army.

Turning to face Gigantomachia, I prepared myself for another battle. It was clear to me now that Machia hadn't been fighting us seriously. He was much stronger than he had originally led on—he had simply been toying with us before now; however, this was the moment that we would finally fight for real.

Gigantomachia stood, staring at me, with his mouth agape for what felt like ages, before I heard him mumble a string of words I hadn't expected.

"A true successor..." His voice was hoarse and quiet, but I could hear it nonetheless.

Several thoughts shot through my mind as I stared at Gigantomachia in shock.

Was this the end of our battle?

Had I won?

Was he now going to submit to my rein?

The grin that crept onto my face as I realized I had won Gigantomachia's loyalty was one that matched that of the Cheshire Cat. One with the corners of my mouth stretched across my face in an unnatural form. One accompanied by my eyes—as they looked almost as if they would bulge out of their sockets, and spill out onto the broken concrete beneath me. A grin that shown with both malice, and joy, in the light of the sun. A grin that expressed both melancholy, and excitement. An appearance that contrasted with exact opposites as I looked around myself.

It truly was a shame that this whole city had to have been desecrated as it was.

Although, the fruits of this city's demise would be plentiful.

As the following week progressed, and the benefits of our latest battle were rolling in, I was confused. While my friends were happy, eating their fancy meals and splurging on expensive outfits with money from Re-Destro's wallet, I was perplexed. I had won Gigantomachia's trust and loyalty for myself, this much I knew; however, the Doctor hadn't yet explained when I would be receiving my new power.

I sat on a couch, in front of a crowd of people in agonizing pain. The bandages that shrouded my arm were extreme, but necessary nonetheless—considering I had lost a limb during the battle between Re-Destro and myself. My arm had been ripped from my hand to my elbow and torn in two, which left me with another question.

When would the Doctor be fixing my arm?

Would he be fixing my arm?

I'm missing one of my forearms, which was quite the handicap in battle—considering that I needed my hands to use my whips, and using my newer, larger whip was much more difficult than using two smaller whips. While the large whip was powerful, its mobility was limited and its wind-up time was a large inconvenience.

Ergo, my smaller whips were more efficient to use than the larger whip.

"Liberation Warriors!" A voice echoed throughout the hall we had all been in—abruptly interrupting my train of thought. "I am Re-Destro!" The voice continued. "As of today... The Metahuman Liberation Army is reborn!!"

I could hear the slight murmurs of those that stood in the sea of people as they wondered what was to come; meanwhile, I sat, sighing, as I picked at one of my hangnails. I inwardly chuckled at the sense of nostalgia I felt.