Chapter 25 : I Will Make This Right...

Shoto Todoroki's P.O.V

In the most crowded place in the city, I couldn't hear anything. In the place where the noise never stopped, I couldn't hear anything.

I could see people. I could see people laughing. I could see lips moving as they formed words, yet I still was unable to hear any of it.

All I could hear, were the sounds of my shoes as they came into contact with the concrete.

I'm losing my mind.

Of course it wasn't Izuku. It was just someone who looked exactly like Izuku. It was just someone who had the same voice as Izuku. It was just my brain tricking me.

The mind of someone stuck in the past.

I don't think I'll ever truly forgive myself, nor will I ever move on. Izuku hasn't forgiven me. Not in his letter, not in person, and now he's dead. If I never get Izuku's forgiveness, I will never forgive myself. So, I guess my mind just wants Izuku to still be here... Because if he is, I would get the chance to apologize.

It's selfish really...

I only want to apologize for my own selfish desire. To clear my guilty conscience. To be able to forgive myself. To save myself. Izuku's sake is only a fraction of the reason as to why I want to apologize to him, but it's mostly to help myself.

I truly am the worst of us all.

"Kacchan... Why are you being so mean?"

My head whipped to my left as I heard a familiar voice. My eyes widened as I saw whom had spoken.

"Izuku..."

He was just standing there. His white All Might shirt. His fists balled. His red shoes. He was standing in front of another kid, trying to protect him from Bakugou, Izumi, and I...

It wasn't real... It was just my mind playing games with me. I watched as Bakugou, Izumi and I hurt Izuku. I watched as he cried, I watched as he screamed, and I watched as adults and pros walked right passed.

I stared in disgust as tears started to form in the brims of my eyes. I couldn't believe I would do something this barbaric as a child. No matter my intentions. Even worse was that all the people walking past, did nothing. They could obviously see him. They could obviously hear him. Yet, they chose to do nothing.

I couldn't bare to watch anymore, so I ran. I needed to get out of there. I ran through street after street, but those memories followed me. Everywhere. I. Went.

Every park, every alleyway, every building. I just saw my memories of Izuku as the years went on. Bakugou, Izumi, and I beating Izuku in alleyways and parks, from ages four to almost fourteen. I couldn't go anywhere without seeing his face.

I can't escape my past.

"Hah, my, my... Todoroki Shoto..."

A deep voice cut me out of my panic. The voice was familiar, yet unfamiliar. As if I had heard the soothing, yet creepy voice somewhere before, but I couldn't figure out where. Was it in a lullaby? Whipping my head around to face the source of the voice, I saw a familiar man.

Agony.

"What brings you to this part of town, Todoroki?"

Answers.

I need answers!

...And I plan on getting them now!

He stared me up and down before removing his mask once again. His eyes held a mischievous glint, accompanied by a vicious smirk. He was leaning against a wall in an alleyway, in far enough that an ordinary bystander would miss him, but I would still be able to see him.