Chapter 14 : I Am Here!

Iida Tenya's P.O.V

    As the purple mist cleared, I felt my body falling through the air. Preparing to land on the ground, I looked down and saw water. I must be in the flood zone, then. The water soon surrounded me, filling my engines. I heard a voice coming from my left and noticed a villain swimming my way. Quickly, I swam to the surface. Gasping for air, I saw a boat. There were at least fifteen villains stationed in the water, racing at me. I swam and dodged every villain that came towards me, slowly making my way towards the boat and once I got there, I began to climb the side of the boat.

    Upon hoisting myself to the deck of the boat, I noticed one of my other classmates already there. I recognized him as Koda. He was cowering against the boat and seemed to be talking to himself.

"Koda! I'm so good to see you got to safety! Did you happen to see anyone else from our class in the water or on deck, yet?" I asked him with relief seeping from my voice.

    I was very relieved to know I wasn't alone here. As they say, safety in numbers, right? As I made my way towards my timid classmate, I heard a quiet sigh of anger.

"I'm here too, y'know!"

    Upon hearing a familiarly feminine voice, I noticed two white gloves floating amongst the air. Bowing my head apologetically, I vocalized my remorse and compunctions. She then apologized for her rude outburst. We all realized we'd need a plan to escape this unfortunate situation, before the villains, still in the water, attacked. Crouching down, we started brainstorming and analyzing the situation we were currently presented with.

"How could we possibly escape these villains with our quirks? We're totally not suited for this!" Hagakure pointed out.

    While Koda and Hagakure panicked, I was thinking of the situation and our powers. A thought came to my mind. While this could have been a coincident, it seems a little too perfect. Our quirks are specifically unmatched for the flood zone. It were almost as if they had prior knowledge of all of our quirks.

    Hagakure has a strong quirk, there's no doubt, but any movement she were to make would be evident in such an environment. The water would make noise and air bubbles would definitely give away her location. Rendering her invisibility quirk virtually useless. This would make her more of a hinderance in battle, per this particular situation.

    Then there is Koda. His power to control and communicate with animals is definitely impressive; however, there are no animals situated in the USJ's Flood Zone. Because of this, he doesn't have any real power in conditions like these.

    After Hagakure and Koda, there would be me. While I can run extremely fast, due to my quirk: engine, this does not apply to swimming. A car can drive fast, up to 210mph on certain makes, but if you drop it in water it won't necessarily match those speeds. I swim just as any normal person would. So, all of us are at a disadvantage against the villains in the water.

    Looking to the villains, I noticed that they all seemed to have water related quirks. The villain whom first attacked me was, in fact, a heteromorphic villains who seemed to have gills, and more fish-like features. They were all in their element. As well as having water-orientated quirks, the majority of the villains seemed to be adults. Age ranging from early twenties to maybe as far as late forties. They were in a complimenting environment regarding their quirks, as well as having more experience than us.

"This doesn't look good..." I said, startling them from my previous period of silence.

"What do you mean?" Koda asked me with fright, imminent in his tone.