Chapter One, I guess.

I pulled up my hood as the alarm went off, beeping loudly. I slapped it lazily from where I was standing next to my bed, already up, dressed, and ready for school. Well, as ready as anyone is for a day at high school.

"You're too late, buddy" I told it, "better luck next time."

I headed downstairs and stopped in the kitchen. Mom was still in asleep, so I grabbed a Pop-Tart and scribbled a note before I headed out, knowing full well that I would get to school way too early, and that Mom would be lecturing me about sleep schedules when I got home.

Mom, 

      Don't freak out, I didn't get kidnapped, I woke up early and decided to go ahead and get to school early. I grabbed some breakfast, and I have my lunch money. I'll be home late today, hanging out with Blue and Paps today. I'll be home for dinner, don't worry.

                                                                                                              Love, (Y/N)

I made sure to grab my scarf before I headed out the door. Blue made it for me, in my favorite color of yarn. He'd freak if he saw me leave the house without it, and Mom would have a stroke if she saw it still there when she got up. I chuckled to myself as I walked in the direction of my school, thinking about the two of them ganging up on me with all their concern and parental instinct, as Chara says.

I remember the day Blue made the scarf, very clearly actually. It was on the very first day I met him, only three days after Mom adopted me. I still called her Ms. Toriel then. I was very nervous meeting him, being a natural introvert, which was made worse by the constant bullying I had experienced in the Orphanage. But Blue was so excited, and being the naturally outgoing person that he is, he won me over pretty quickly. We were talking, or rather, he was shouting questions at me and I was answering them quietly, when he suddenly (or, I guess not so suddenly) asked,

"WHAT'S YOU'RE FAVORITE COLOR, (Y/N)?"

I told him, stammering a bit. He then pulled a pair of knitting needles out of nowhere, along with a ball of yarn in my favorite color, and started knitting. The conversation continued, and after a bit I asked him a question.

"H-hey... Bl-Blueberry?"

"YES (Y/N)?"

"Wh-where did you learn to d-do that? I-if you don't mind telling me, th-that is."

The little skeleton had fallen silent, that was the first time, and one of the only times, I've ever head him so quiet. His eyelights had shrunk into pinpricks, and I was afraid I'd asked the wrong question. After a moment he shook his head quickly, as if to clear it.

"I had to spend some time alone," he said, the first time I'd heard him speak below a shout. "I learned it then."

He smiled at me, and I timidly returned the gesture. I've gotten much more comfortable with him, and everyone else, since them. But I never asked about it again.

I shook my head as I approached the school, pulling myself out of the memories. There's no point on dwelling on the past, it'll ruin your future, as my brother always said. I flinch at the recollection.

My brother...

I shake my head again. Stop thinking about him. It won't help you. I take a deep breath, and release it. I'm at the school, I need to focus on my surroundings.

Despite me having left early, there's already kids here, hanging out in the schoolyard. I finished my Pop-Tart on the way, and I did all my homework already, so I just go and climb into my tree to sit. People usually don't bother me there.