Chapter 15: Smol Bean

(There are so many talented people out there!  A reminder that none of the art is mine unless I specifically say it is, and a shoutout to all of the artists who put their time into making all those awesome arts out there! You guys are awesome!)

[Nightmare POV]

I did freak a tiny bit when (Y/N) went limp in my arms. It took only a moment, however, for me to realize that they had fainted. Probably because I had forgotten that they needed oxygen. Oops. Well, they passed out a lot anyway, no one would know the difference.

...

Wow, they really do pass out a lot.

Anyway, upon realizing what happened, I calmed down and, in a moment of softness, removed my jacket and wrapped it around them. Then I lifted them up into my arms princess-style to bring them to my room. In my arms their head rested on my shoulder, and I could feel their breath on my neck. I felt my cheekbones heat up, but that could easily have been their heat. They were very warm.

Warm... and soft, and beautiful... and so fearless, I loved it, I loved them... so much...

They hummed softly in their sleep, a small smile playing about their lips. I couldn't help but smile too. They were very strong-willed, which - aside from their actions - was made clear by the way they had never been affected by my negative aura. They didn't even seem to notice it, though I doubt that's actually the case. Most likely they didn't see a need to mention it.

I suppose that makes sense. After all, it's not like I turn it on and off like a switch. It's constant, and I suppose that they wouldn't think it was a big deal. Just a part of me, like it should be...

I entered my room, closing the door behind me with one of my tentacles. As I laid them on my bed, I felt a warmth in my ribcage, the same as before, when I watched them in my garden. They were so beautiful there, so whimsical and now, lying asleep on my bed, they really did look like something out of a fairytale.

The faint light shining through the drapes (where does that come from anyway?) made their skin glow softly, and it shined on their hair. They really were an angel, the most precious thing that I had ever had the honor to witness. I knew I didn't deserve them, and even so I was too selfish to even consider giving them up, especially in this moment, when they were so gorgeous.

I touched my fingertips against my teeth, reveling in the memory of the kiss. I wanted nothing more than to live forever in that moment, feeling them pressed against my chest, their warmth seeping through our clothes and into my bones. Their heartbeat, the softness of their skin, their lips, the taste...

I released a shaky breath, trying to calm myself down. Once I was steady, I climbed into bed beside (Y/N), gently looping my arm around their waist, so as not to wake them.

'So beautiful...'

The last thought that ran through my mind as I fell asleep, comforted by the warmth of my love beside me.

___________________________________________

The next morning; brought to you by a beloved skele bean of your choice!<3

___________________________________________

I woke up to the gentle rhythm of (Y/N)'s heartbeat, and their ever-present warmth. I honestly felt more relaxed than I had in a long time... for a moment. Before long, I got the unsettling feeling that something was off, and I sat up. It was at that moment that I caught sight of my hands.

'Shit!' the first thought that ran through my skull. 'I can't let (Y/N) see!'

I slid silently out of my bed before I hesitated. Did I really need to run and hide? After all, they had trusted me with everything they had, their darkest fears, couldn't I trust them with this?