Chapter 2: How to Save a Blueberry...?

"Hey."

I stared at the unfamiliar skeleton in front of me. Something seemed... off about them. They seemed... too bright. I guess it was all the gold. They were wearing a cyan top with gold trim, a gold cape, a gold circlet, and gold boots and gloves. To top it all off, their eyelights were a bright gold as well, and they had an aura that while it wasn't visible within itself, it made the small skeleton seem even brighter.

They remind me of my brother...

I blinked, remembering why I was supposed to be here. "Who are you? Where's Blueberry?"

The little skeleton paused, unsure, and turned to look at someone inside. I heard Pap's voice.

"We might as well let them in, they would find a way to get involved anyway."

He sounds even more tired than usual...

I stepped into the house as the little skeleton moved to make room. As they closed the door behind me, I set my bookbag down, looking to see who was here.

Blue was nowhere to be found, but Paps was sitting on the couch, looking exausted and...

"Paps! You're hurt!" I felt my anger spike. "Who hurt you? Where's Blueberry?"

He just looked at me, and the third skeleton stood, turning my attention to them.

They wore a mostly brown outfit, with what looked like a cream undershirt, brown suspenders, and some kind of coverings on his arms, I can't remember what they're called. They were wearing brown shorts, shoes, (cool looking shoes though) and a brown scarf, that faded into a cream. (I'm seeing a theme here) Around his waist was a blue jacket, which is a welcome change from all that brown. To complete the look, he's got a sash with a bunch of little vials full of... paint? And a huge paintbrush on his back. He had a bit of ink or black paint on his cheek and his eyelights changed everytime he blinked, which was a little disconcerting.

"He's not here," they said, meeting my gaze. "I'm sorry," he added, more quietly.

I took a deep breath. This is gonna be a looooong day.

"Okay, so I know something bad definitely happened. First things first, I'm going to get the first aid kit and Papy, you are going to let me patch you up. No arguments. As soon as I get back in here, you two" I pointed at the newcomers, "are going to tell me who you are and what the HELL is going on or I am going to make you regret being born. Are we clear?"

All three of them nodded, and I left to get the first aid kit. When I got back, Papy sat up, and let me start patching him up as he was instructed. The others began to speak.

"My name is Dream," the gold one said. "and this is Ink." The other skeleton waved. "We're friends of Blue's."

There was a small silence. 

"And where. Is. Blue?" I kept my voice even, and focused on patching up Papy. If these guys are Blue's friends, then I don't want to lash out at them.

Nobody said anything for a moment. Then Ink spoke up.

"Error has him." I looked at him, and he continued. "Error is- well, he and Blue say he is - another one of Blue's friends. But most of their "friendship" consists of Error kidnapping Blue and trapping him in the Anti-Void."

I was quiet for a moment. Anti-Void... I raised my hand to the scarf that I still had not taken off. "Is that where he learned to knit?"

Ink nodded, suprised. "How did you know?"

I looked at him. "It just seemed right."

I stood up, having finished with Paps. I wanted to get this taken care of and be done with it is soon as possible. Something about these two rubbed me the wrong way.

"All right then, what are we gonna do about-"

Before I finished my sentence, a hole ripped open in the kitchen doorway, and Blue hopped through, followed by a glitched out skeleton I assumed to be Error. I could practically hear the jaws dropping on the floor, and Paps jumped to his feet, ready to beat someone to a pulp.

"(Y/N)!!" Blue called to me happily. "YOU'RE HERE!" 

He bounded over and hugged me. I hugged him back weakly. "I was about to plan how we were going to rescue you." I looked over at the glitchy skeleton, who was looking at me curiously. "I guess that won't be necessary."

"NOPE!!" Blue said. "ERROR JUST NEEDED MY HELP WITH SOMETHING! AND HE CAME TO THE RIGHT PERSON!!" he said, hopping away and striking his signature pose, "THE MAGNIFICENT SANS!" I couldn't help but giggle. I knew he was completely serious, but he was just so adorable.

"So, what did you need Blue's help with?" Ink said, speaking to Error. The glitchy skeleto blushed yellow. "W-well.."

He took a deep breath. I don't know how, since he's a skeleton, but he did.

Then he took a knee in front of the brown-clad skeleton, and held up that little black box.

"Would you b-b-b-be my rainbow asshole... forever?"

You could hear a pin drop for a moment.

And then Ink puked. Ink. He puked ink. 

Lukily he turned his head to do so, or else the poor proposer would have gotten a nasty faceful. As soon as he was done puking, he tackled Error, screeching at the top of his non-existant lungs.

"OMIGODERRORYES!!!"

Everyone laughed at that one. I've seen some weird things, but I think that is the weirdest proposal I will ever see. I mean, Error literally called him an asshole when he proposed, and Ink's reaction was to... puke? It's definitely weird, but I dig it.

Papy sank down into the couch. I knew he was probably thinking something along the lines of: "I got beat up and saw my bro kidnapped... for this?"

I dig it. I really dig it.

As soon as the screaming and the inevitable makeout session of the newly betrothed, I was given a proper introduction to Error, The Destroyer of Worlds. Apparently that's how he and Ink met, and opponents competing for the life of AU's, or Alternate Universes. Nice to know you're just a cheap copy of someone else.

I hung out with those guys until dinner time, when I went home to recieve my lecutures, dinner, and get some down time with the goat mom. She's so cool.

I wish my brother could be here too...

(hehe, plot twist. Also, none of the art here is mine unless I explicitly say otherwise.)

Love, Author-chan