Chapter 11: Bite

[Y/N POV]

I'd been at Nightmare's Castle for a few days now, and I'd taken to wandering the halls often when there was nothing else to do. It was on one of these occasions that I came upon a pair of doors that I didn't remember from the tour. They were a lighter color than any of the other doors in the castle, and when I rested my hand on one of them, it seemed to be softly radiating warmth.

Out of curiosity, I gently pulled one of the doors open, just enough to peer inside. I didn't see much though, because as soon as I did, I heard a voice from behind me.

"You are not allowed in there." it was Nightmare, and he sounded angry. 

I shut the door and turned around, and seeing his face, I knew that he was absolutely livid. His eye was glowing bright, and I could feel his rage pulsating off of him. That was when I realized he could really hurt me. Of course, I had known he could, but I hadn't really thought about it. But now, looking at him, I could see the King of Negativity that people feared.

"I'm sorry," I said, my voice shaky. "I didn't know..."

Suddenly he slammed his hands against the doors on either side of my head, making me flinch.

"You are NEVER allowed to go in there! DO YOU UNDERSTAND!"  he screamed at me.

I knew that I should have just taken it meekly, head down, I really did. But of course I didn't. I never did when I needed to. Instead, I got angry.

"I said I was sorry!" I snapped at him. "It's not like I was purposely snooping around in your stuff! Jesus fucking Christ!"

Nightmare reared up and leaned closer to me. "Watch your attitude with me. I am the one in charge here!"

"Oh! Well, EXCUSE me! I didn't know you were the only one allowed to get pissy! I fucking apologised as soon as you said I wasn't supposed to be in there, IT WAS A FUCKING MISTAKE, NIGHTMARE! You don't need to act like such a PRICK over it!" 

He looked a little shocked, and I ducked under his arm, storming off down the corridor.

"Come back here!" he shouted after me. I didn't even look back.

"Bite me!" I snarled. 

I was about halfway down the corridor when I felt his hand close around my wrist. He pulled me back, and I slammed against his chest. When I looked up at him, he pressed his teeth against my lips. I gasped, and he took the opportunity to get his teeth around my bottom lip. I felt the skin break, and his tounge brush my lip, before he let go. 

He actually bit me.

I brought my hand up to my mouth, covering it. I could taste the blood coming from my lip.

He was just standing there, glaring at me, chest heaving. Nither of us moved; I was speechless. 

After a minute, he froze up, and realization crossed his face, followed by a flood of cyan. Then I blinked, and he was gone.

I wobbled, slowly lowering myself to the floor. I felt really lightheaded all of the sudden... 

The realization that I was hyperventalating floated through my mind as spots filled my vision, gently nudging me into unconsiousness.

_________________________________________________

[Nightmare POV]

I teleported back to my room, making sure the door was locked. I pressed my hand against my mouth. Why did I do that? What did I expect to happen?

'God, I'm such a dumbass. I actually bit them. What was I thinking? God- I-I... I lost my temper... shouted at them... then I pulled that... they must hate me now...'

I could taste them still... so sweet. I groaned softly, and slid to the floor, my back pressed against my door. I'd ruined everything, I was sure of it. I'd ruined everything, like I always do. And so stupidly.

'I mean really,' I thought to myself. 'of all of the things I could have done, why did I choose to do that? It wasn't even that big of a deal... they didn't get the chance to see anything... Why do I get so angry? All. The. Time!?'

I rested my head in my hands. A fool, that's what I was. Thinking I could do this. Thinking I would be able to love, to be loved.

'But you want it.' A little voice whispered in the back of my head. 'You want them, you care about them... are you really gonna give up? Send them back? No, keep them here, they're safer here either way.'

"I have no right to care about them," I muttered in response. "They're just some human."

'You don't really believe that, do you? You know as well I do that they're not "just some human". I wouldn't know it if you didn't.' the voice added. 'I'm just a figament of your imagination. The little angel on your shoulder. The part of you the you don't want to admit still exists.'

"Shut up." I growled. The voice laughed.

'You don't really want that though. You know I'm right. I couldn't talk if you didn't really want me to.' I didn't respond, so it continued. 'You can't give up. You liked it too much... the taste of them, feeling them pressed against your chest, the softness of them... it intoxicated you. You can't give up on them, no matter how much you think you want to.'

I growled. "Shut up. I know all of that. I just... can't. I know I can't make them want me too, especially after what just happened. You saw their face, they were horrified."

The voice was quiet. Then;

'But do you know why? Think about it, yeah they seemed a bit freaked out, but who wouldn't be? Nobody expects to actually get bit when they say that. I doubt they'll end up holding it against you that much.'

Now I was quiet. 

'Just apologise for losing your temper, and if it seems like they're bothered by the rest of it, apologise for that too. But if it doesn't seem to bother them, then I see no reason to apologise. Hell, maybe they'll end up liking it. We don't know.'

I had to admit, that did sound like a good plan. I didn't really think they'd end up liking it though, they didn't seem the type.

'Yeah, you've got a point there. Still, better safe than sorry, right?'

That was true enough. I trailed my fingers over my teeth, remembering the taste. I wanted them so badly... (Y/N)...

Suddenly, there was a knock at my door. I stood up and opened it, revealing a concerned looking Killer.

"What do you want?" I grumbled, glancing at my phone. It had already been half an hour. 

"Well, um..." Killer shifted from foot to foot. "We found (Y/N) unconcious in the middle of the corridor, in front of the forbidden room. We brought them back to their room... they didn't seem like there was anything wrong with them, Dust thinks they just fainted for some reason... Horror and I agreed we should get you."

I sighed. "Yeah, alright." I walked with Killer back to (Y/N)'s room, since it was right next to mine.

Upon entering, I went to the bed where (Y/N) was, and examined them. It seemed like Dust had been right, it looked like they had fainted. Suddenly, I realized I had been trailing my hand through their hair, and shoved my hands in my pockets.

"They'll probably be fine; I'll make sure they're awake in time for dinner."

With that, I shooed the others out of (Y/N)'s room. I followed, closing the door behind me.