Chapter 9: Selfie

(The image is a random thing I found on Pinterest and wanted to share. But now that I think about it, it makes me think of the Bad Sanses a bit.)

[Dream's POV]

Ink was pacing back and forth through the kitchen, and Blue was on the verge of tears beside me. I didn't know what we were going to do. We had looked for (Y/N) everywhere when they didn't come home last night, and all we'd found was the site of the brutal murder of one of their classmates. I had suggested that it may have been one of the girls who was bullying (Y/N). Maybe she had cornered them, and Nightmare had picked them up? 

Ink had shot down this theory. The death looked too clean to be Nightmare's work. Besides, as interested as he'd seemed, would he really kill to protect a random human? No, Ink was convinced it had to be someone else. Blue had been all for my theory, but now he wasn't sure; his fear and uncertainty cut me deeply.

I wrapped my arms around Blue, trying to comfort him. He looked up at me, sniffling. "Don't worry Blue," I told him. "I'm sure (Y/N) will be fine. We'll find them and bring them home."

Blue sniffled again, rubbing his sockets. "Bu-but what if they're hurt? Wha-what if-"

The door slammed open, interupping Blue. His brother Stretch stormed in, and showed the screen of his phone to Ink, who had stopped pacing when Stretch entered. Upon seeing what was on the screen, Ink tensed up, and I could feel the anger flood him.

"Dream." He said solemnly, not looking in my direction. "I think you were right after all."

I hopped up and walked over there. Stretch turned his phone so I could see the screen. When I saw it, I gasped. It was a selfie. Of (Y/N). With Nightmare and the Bad Sanses. I could also see Error in the background, on his phone.

(Y/N) was laughing, their hand on Nighmare's arm, and most of the others in the photo were looking at them and smiling. As if they were just another one of them. I waved Blue over. He walked over an squeaked when he saw the picture. The he relaxed, and smiled.

"Well, at least we know their safe." He said, much quieter than his normal volume.

"SAFE!" Ink shrieked, clenching his fists. "They're not SAFE Blue! Don't you remember who their WITH! Killer, Dust, HORROR who EATS HUMANS!"

Blue lifted his chin. "I don't think Nightmare will let them hurt (Y/N)."

"Besides," I added, "Error's there too."

Ink paused in consideration. His husband knew (Y/N), and didn't seem to mind them that much. "Yeah... I guess those two get along pretty well." He looked thoughtful now. "But he's not always gonna be there."

"Yes," I said. "But would he leave them there if he thought the Bad Sanses were going to hurt them?"

Ink looked at me. "I don't know. He mentioned to me yesterday that if it came down to it, he'd probably keep them around for entertainment value; move them to Fluffytale with Ccino or something. He think's Nightmare's interest in them is amusing." Ink said thoughtfully.

I smiled. "Then, do we really need to be so worried? Weren't you the one that was saying that (Y/N) and Nightmare becoming friends could be a good thing?" Blue perked up, but Ink and Stretch looked skeptical.

"Well yeah, but I don't think it's a good idea for them to be at his castle. It's one thing to let them be friends but... I just don't think it's a good idea for them to be in such proximity to him all the time. I mean, you've seen what he did to Cross. He didn't use to be bad."

I straightened up, a little defensively. "And he's still not. He's just misguided."

Ink held up his hands in surrender. "Yes, yes, of course. We know, Dream. And I'm sure you'll get through to him eventually. You guys are still meeting up in Outertale, yeah?"

I smiled, the happy memories flowing through me. "Yes. We're supposed to meet up later, in fact." Then I got an idea. "I can just ask him about (Y/N) then! That way we'll know for sure whether or not we sould worry." I grinned at the others, confident in my plan.

Ink smiled. "Well, I suppose that will work. But remember, we'll have to bring them back either way; they do still have to go to school, you know."

"Yeah, I know." I told him reassuringly. "But Blue said their break starts tommorow, so there's no reason to rush it. Who knows, maybe letting them stay there for a bit will do some good for (Y/N) and Nightmare both!" I exclaimed hopefully. Blue and Ink finally seemed to relax, though I could feel that Stretch was still anxious.

"All right." Ink said decisively. "Dream, remember to ask Cross about (Y/N) sometime when you see him this evening. We'll figure out the rest from there."

Blue grinned. "SOUNDS LIKE A PLAN!" He said, back to his normal volume. I smiled at my friends. Everything was gonna be okay.

__________________________________________

[Nightmare's P.O.V.]

It took a bit for (Y/N) to adjust, but not nearly as long as I had expected. Before lunch ended they were laughing again. I will admit, I had been a bit worried; I felt their anxiety when we arrived, but they were at ease after the introductions. After lunch I brought up the selfie, and everyone was up for the idea, and the picture turned came out well. (Y/N) had been caught mid-laugh, and they looked amazing. Error mentioned that it would probably end up with the Stars planning a raid, but I wasn't too worried about that. (Y/N) shrugged it off as well.

"It won't really be that big of a deal," they said. "I already got them to chill about me hangin' with Nootie Boi, so it's not like you couldn't pick me up again later." After a moment of shock, all of the others started laughing. I felt my face heat up.

"Enough with the nicknames already," I muttered. (Y/N) smiled up at me. "Not in a million years," they said, which sent the room into a cacophony of laughter. Even Error laughed. I just shook my head, but I was secretly pleased. (Y/N) was definitely not the type to go down without a fight. It was a very attractive quality that ensured that they'd end up keeping me on my toes. I looked forward to it.

Not only that, but it didn't seem like I'd have to worry about anybody trying to kill them, either. They seemed to get along with everyone. Of course, that may become a problem later... I'd have to take care of that if it did. But as long as no one decides to try and take what's mine, then I see no reason to worry. Yes, this was going perfectly. 

I was going to finally get what I'd always wanted.

(dun-dun-dun! But, not in a really evil way. : 3)

(1162 words)