Chapter 8: Lunch With The Bad Sanses

[Still (Y/N)]

The tour wasn't really anything special, the castle was pretty big so there wasn't a big push to remember anything just yet. Nightmare even admitted that he'd gotten lost a few times. So, the tour mainly consisted of me teasing Nightmare with as many nicknames as I could think of, and him complaining about it. It was great fun.

When the tour was over though, I was pretty tired. The castle really was big, and I wanted to sit down. Also, I was hungry. I really wanted to eat. My stomach growled, and Nighmare growled back. I stared at him as he glanced around, before he caught sight of me staring.

"What?" he looked a little confused at this point. I didn't think he realized that my stomach made that sound.

"You just growled back at my stomach." I informed him, straightfaced.

He kinda froze, a horrified look on his face, as a bright cyan spread over it... was he blushing? Oh my gosh, that is adorable! I giggled, which caused his face to thaw into a scowl.

"Why are you laughing at me?"

I giggled again. "You're cute when you blush," I said, offhandedly. "It's cyan, which I wouldn't expect..." I paused. It was the same color as his eyelight... "Is that a thing?"

Nightmare looked confused again. I didn't blame him, I'd always had a bad habit of switching topics too fast, and most people had trouble keeping up.

"Is what a thing?" Yeah, I'd definitely lost him.

"Skeletons blushing the same color as their eyelights. You blush cyan, like your eyelight, and Blue's blush is the same color as his eyelights, and so is Dream's, and Ink blushes rainbow, whitch is pretty much the closest you can get to his. And Error's is yellow, and he's got some of that in his..."

Nightmare shook his head. "I... guess? It's not really something I've thought about?" I cringed a little at his baffled tone.

"Uh, yeah. Sorry, I do that sometimes. My mind goes weird places at the most random times..." 'God, this is so embarrassing.'

Nither of us spoke for a second. I felt my face heat up, and I was sure I had turned into a tomato. Nightmare chuckled then, and said, "You blush pink. Your stomach made that noise?" bringing us to a full circle. I grinned a little, relieved that he wasn't dwelling on it.

"Yeah, that happens when I get hungry. It's a stomach thing." He laughed, and I relaxed again. I had been worried for a minute there; most people can't handle my weirdness, (be yourself, but also don't be weird or different, or else we'll shun you and make your life hell!) but then again, Nightmare doesn't exactly fit into the 'most people' category, like, at all. It was so refreshing.

"Well," Nightmare spoke, interuppting my thoughts, "It's lunchtime anyway, so we should go to the dining room anyway. The others are probably waiting already, and you still need to be introduced to everyone."

I nodded and followed him to the dining room. 'Lunch with the Bad Sanses', I thought, 'Papy would be mortified.' I laughed at the thought, catching Nightmare's attention. "What's so funny?"

I giggled again. "I was imagining the look on Papy's face if someone were to tell him I was having lunch with the Bad Sanses." I could barely get it out between my laughter. Nightmare looked thoughtful for a moment, then chuckled. "Maybe we should send him a picture."

Just imagining it, Papy recieving the picture, and the rage spreading across his face... It would be a selfie, which would make it a thousand times better.

I was laughing so hard, doubled over, I thought I was gonna die. Instead, I fell over, still laughing. 

"Can we?" I asked Nightmare, wheezing. "Can we please?"