Chapter 17: Waking Up

[Y/N POV]

I struggled into consciousness to the sound of muffled voices bickering a few feet away from me. My head was pounding and I felt nauseous, so I didn't bother trying to open my eyes until, after several minutes, the nausea subsided and the voices became clearer. When I did open my eyes, I was greeted by an overcast sky. I sat up, briefly noting the patch of grass I was lying on.

I didn't recognize my surroundings, at least, I didn't think I did. It was a garden, not Nightmare's, but a different once, one that was obviously struggling to stay alive. It was saddening, but I couldn't help but notice the strange feeling that I had seen this place somewhere before...

The bickering increased in volume, drawing my attention to the source. I turned where I was sitting, and saw two people arguing. I only took notice of Ink, however, before I was on my feet.

"YOU!"

Both startled, turning toward me. Obviously neither had noticed that I was awake. Ink, seeing my expression, held up his hands.

"Hold on just a second (Y/N). I can expla-"

I gave him a swift right hook that, surprisingly, sent him sprawling. I heard my hand crunch on impact, however, so It probably did more damage to me than to him.

"Sonofamotherfuckingcrowbar!" My voice raised in pitch as I cursed.

"Are you okay?"

I recognised the voice, and my head snapped up. I was met with a familiar pair of brown eyes.

"Kyle?!"

The brunette flinched. He nodded quickly before holding his hands out for my broken one. I instinctively complied, trying not to let my fingers twitch as he healed me. The familiar warmth of his healing magic brought me back to fistfights and back road brawls gone bad.

Ink grumbled to himself as he got to his feet. I whirled around as soon as Kyle was done healing my hand, and shoved my finger into his face. (Not literally, you know what I mean.)

"YOU have some nerve-!"

"Oh!" Ink interrupted, sarcasm dripping from the word. "So it's okay for Nightmare to kidnap you, but no one else?"

I reared up indignantly, then paused.

"Yes." I told him. "Yes, that's exactly what it is! I trust him a hell of a lot more than I trust you!"

Ink laughed. "Well sorry princess, but it doesn't matter if you trust me or not. You need to be here, so I brought you here."

Ah. Yes. Here.

...

...

"Where even is here?"

Ink smirked. "This is your AU, (Y/N)."

I just stared at him. Then I looked over at Kyle, who looked away sheepishly. Then I looked back at Ink.

"You have got to be kidding me."

He just crossed his arms, still smirking. I considered yelling at him again, but I decided just ignoring him would be a far better punishment for whatever bullshit was going down. So, I turned to Kyle.

"Start talking."

__________________________________________