Chapter 14: The Forbidden Room

[Y/N POV]

Two days passed without incident, neither me nor Nightmare mentioned the... incidents. There was surprisingly no sign of any kind of activity from the Star Sanses. We had all been expecting them to be on a tirade, scouring the multiverse looking for me. I could tell the others were all relieved; It seemed like they enjoyed having me around, and while it took some getting used to, it was pretty nice.

Things with Nightmare were definitely a bit tense, but it wasn't too bad. We still hung out, and we just kind of ignored what happened, as much as we could, anyway. I did notice a bit more joking around, usually in an attempt to ease the tension. Sometimes it worked, sometimes it didn't, and sometimes it was less joking and more flirting. That was usually when it didn't work.

I was wandering the halls again when I encountered Cross; he was looking over his shoulder a lot, as if he were expecting someone to pop up behind him. (which wasn't unlikely, since we were in a castle full of people capable of teleportation...) He didn't notice me until I was right in front of him.

"Oh! (Y/N)! I didn't see you there! What's up? How are you doing? I've got some stuff to do, I'll see you around bye!" he said all of this very fast, so most of it was barely discernible.

Chara rolled their eyes and waved as they were dragged off by Cross. I had met them my second day here; they were the child I had seen on the first day. They were pretty cool, it was a shame no one else could see or hear them. We weren't sure why I could see them, but they were pretty happy about it either way. Apparently Cross was pretty annoying, which wasn't all that surprising, after seeing him with Epic.

Anyway, Cross ran off quickly; he was obviously up to something and he didn't want anyone else to know about it. I just shrugged it off, assuming he was organizing another prank of some sort. It wasn't an unusual thing, someone 'got dunked on' at least every other day around here. I was surprised that it didn't really bother me much. I liked the craziness of this place, the guys made sure I was never bored, and Nightmare was usually willing to chat with me if I needed a bit of calm.

After that little run-in, I continued on my way, and I ran into Dust as soon as I turned the corner, Or rather, he ran into me. We both crashed to the floor, and he immediately hopped to his feet, prepared to run off, before he realised it was me he'd knocked over.

"Oh! I'm sorry (Y/N)," he said as he helped me up. Killer arrived as I got my footing, and he immediately slammed a bucket over Dust's head. Horror, who was behind him, laughed. I snickered.

"Oi!" Dust cried, pulling at the bucket that was now lodged over his skull. "I'm talking to (Y/N)! That doesn't count!" I pulled the bucket off his head and handed it to him.

"Speaking of (Y/N)," Horror said, "Boss is looking for you." Dust and Killer nodded.

"Yeah, we saw him just a few minutes ago, and he told us to let you know if we saw you." Killer said.

"You should let him know that Cross is sneaking out again, too." Dust added.

"But I just saw Cross..." Well, he had seemed to be in a hurry. "Yeah, okay, I see it now." The guys just nodded, grinning.

"Okay" I told them. "Thanks, you guys!" They waved as I headed off to find Nightmare.

I found the Noot in question near the Throne room (Nightmare was really into medieval stuff, apparently,) and his face visibly lit up when he caught sight of me. I waved a little as I approached. He seemed more relaxed today, and he immediately slung his arm around my shoulders when I reached him.

"Well good morning to you too," I said, laughing. "What's got you in such a chipper mood, little Noot?"

Nightmare made a face at the nickname, but didn't bother complaining. Instead, he got straight to the point. "I have something to show you," he said "but you have to promise not to tell anyone."