Chapter 3: Never Went to Swim Class

The next two days were okay, Mom was upset with me about that call from the Principal, and she was even more upset when I explained to her what happened. And by upset, I mean she was enraged. But, being the Queen of the monsters meant that she had to set a good example, so she couldn't go and hound the Principal about his wrongdoings. It's a shame really, it sounds like it'd be a fun thing to watch.

I spent most of those two days hanging out with Blue and Paps and meeting their AU friends. It was interesting. After the craziness was over, I kind of shrank back into shy (Y/N) and was pretty quiet. I could tell Ink and Dream were suprised. I think that was good for me, though. I wasn't nearly as quiet as I was back when I first met the skelebros.

Blue and Paps introduced me to other Sanses and Papyruses, like the Classics, the Fells, (we were all a bit on edge for that one. I'm not sorry.) and also a pair of skeletons from a universe called Swapfell. Now that was interesting. 

Once the weekend was over, it was Monday again, and I woke up before my alarm again. So just like on Friday, I got up, dressed and grabbed a Pop-Tart on my way out. I had made a few notes in advance, so I just stuck one to the fridge where Mom would see it.

It was gonna be a looong day at school, and there was no doubt in my mind that Ms. Blondie would find a way to make it hell. Her and her cheerleading team. I wondered idly what her tactics would be this week. Would she send snarky text messages and spread nasty lies about me? Or would she come right out and beat me up again. She seemed to have an endless supply of tricks and sneaky moves to remind me that I'm not worth the air it takes to keep me alive. Not that I need the reminder.

I kept walking, oblivious to the footsteps approaching from behind. I was about to realize that I was only half right about Ms. Blondie making my day hell. I wasn't going to make it to school.

I felt them before I heard them. They slammed into me, and I felt at least a dozen hands lifting me up. I started thrashing and screaming, but I wasn't strong enough to make them drop me.I could hear their laughter, and I knew I was done for. Then I heard those terrible words:

"I hope you're up for a swim, (Y/N)!!"

No. No no no no nonononono

"NOO!!" I screamed as loudly as I could, "NO! Please! I can't swim! Let me go!"

The girls carrying me just laughed, and in my struggling, I caught sight of the lake. I'm about to die, I thought. I kept screaming and struggling, until I felt gravity taking me down, and I hit the water.

FWOOM!

That was the sound I heard when I hit. I thrashed, seeking upward, and surfaced, still thrashing. I gasped for air, despreately trying to stay above the water. I couldn't call for help, not that there was anyone near enough to save me. I was going to die in this lake and no one was ever going to find me.

I kept struggling, but the water was cold and it numbed my muscles. My arms and legs got heavy and I took one last breath as I sank down, unable to struggle any longer. I held my breath as long as I could, but my human lungs were weak. Just like everything else about me. These were my last thoughts as my vision went dark.

Before I went unconcious, I felt something wrap around my waist. 

Then I was gone.

________________________________________________________________________________

[Nightmare P.O.V]

I pulled the human out of the water where the others had left them to die. They had put up a good fight, but not good enough. It's not suprising that they couldn't swim. I set them on the grass, flicking one of my other tentacles at Cross.