Chapter 1- Dallas Texas

"1961"

SKY HARGREEVES SCREAMED as she felt herself fall from the sky

SKY HARGREEVES SCREAMED as she felt herself fall from the sky. It still made a thump, but it was as if it was purposely made to have a softer landing. (unlike Luther) 

She sat there for a second, but quickly got to her feet as she remembered the moments that had happened less than a minute ago. 

"Five! Allison! Anyone?" The fearful girl shouted at the strange portal in the air, her eyebrows furrowed. But she never got a reply. The portal closed, leaving Sky Hargreeves stranded all by herself. The girl spun in a circle, observing her surroundings. Sky quickly noticed something odd; She walked down the alleyway, towards the street to see people dressed in vintage clothing, and driving old cars. "What the..." She trailed off, her heart rate increasing. Where was she? When was she? Where are the others? What is even happening right now? Women gave her rude looks, since she was dressed in black ripped jeans and a t-shirt. It was known as 'unproper' back then.

The girl needed to go somewhere. She quickly started running, where you may ask? She had no idea either. She just ran and ran and ran. Her blonde her flying gracefully in the wind. She stopped to take a breath. She leaned over and put her hands on her knees. She looked up, breathing heavily, and saw a sign infront of a 'vintage' clothing shop. The sign said: 

WHITES ONLY

She rolled her eyes and ran again. She was running for about five minutes, before she saw a man leaning against the brick wall in an ally. 

She raised her hand in the air, walking towards the man. "Excuse me!" She panted.

The man raised an eyebrow, and let the cigarette drop from his mouth. 

"This is a kind o-of stupid question..." Sky nervously laughed, not knowing how to ask what year it is. 

The man coughed, and stood up from the wall. She suddenly had a bad feeling about this man. "Whats a pretty girl like you doing here? Eh?" 

"I'm sorry, don't mind me..." She quickly said, deciding to go with her gut. She began to walk past him, but she had been stopped when he grabbed her wrist. She tried to yank her hand away out of his grasp, but he had a good hold on her. 

The girl looked at the man's dusty hands. "May you please let me go?" Sky nervously asked. 

"Come on, lets go have some fun." 

"Let go of me!" She shouted with wide eyes. 
The girl closed her eyes to use her power somehow... nothing. All that running made her too tired.