Chapter 2- The Smiths

THE STRANGER CALLED HIMSELF Spencer Smith. He gave her a quick tour of the town on their walk home. The walk was about ten minutes to his house because of how long Spencer's legs were that Sky had to practically job to catch up with him. 

The walk was full of complete awkward silence.

He made small talk every now and then in the beginning, but he could tell that the girl was confused so he just stopped asking along the way.

Spencer learned on the way, that the longer you know Sky, the friendlier she gets. She would make some smarky remarks, and send playful glares, she also fiddles with a peculiar object around her neck. A bright red necklace that said 5+S 

Sky didn't know much about the world. Her father kept her locked in the house when he could. He never let her watch the news, no comics aloud, she had to wear gloves from 7-14 years of age (because of her powers) Which she now realized why her father was so protective; He didn't want her to know about the Academy.

"Well, here we are," Mumered Spencer as he unlocked the door and walked inside. It was a nice house, to say the least. "This is an average two-story house to the normal Dallas person but its a lot to many.... poorer people," Spencer informed Sky, and she frowned. 

"The, uh . . ."

"Black people." Spencer frowned as he told her.

"That's not fair.." She said and Spencer sighed. "That's what I tell my father. You see, he's a police officer, And a manger." 

"For what?" Sky asks. 

"A manager People who want to pursue singing."

That's it! That's how she could get the attention of the Hargreeves. If they aren't dead. Five did tell her that she could pursue singing one day...

"Father! Mother!" He calls out, facing the stairs. "I have someone I would like you to meet."

She sees his mother and father walk down the stairs with bright smiles on their faces. This family might not be to bad!

"Spe- Oh! Hello." The mother greets. 

The man smiles at his son. "Who's this, Spencer?" He asked, kindly.

"This is my friend! Sky Greaves. She... needs to find her family, so I wanted to run by you, could she stay here?"

"Certainly." Said the mother. 

"Wonderful," Spencer exclaimed. "Sky, this is Father." He points to his father, who was dressed up. wearing a black suit. "And mother." He points to his mother, who is also dressed up for what looks like a party. Sky gives them a weak smile. 

"Now," Mrs. Spencer pats the 'young' girl's shoulder. "We must be out. We have a party to go to. We will be back by 9."

"Bye. Have fun." 

Spencer's parents close the door behind them, I watch as they drive out of the driveway. 

"So..." Spencer said, breaking the silence. 

"You can take the guest bedroom, its just across my room if you need anything." 

"Thank you... for everything." Sky thanks him. And he Smiles, while staring into her deep blue/ green beautiful eyes.

"Follow me." He directs her to the stairs. As they walk up, her loud bowling shoes clank against the wooden stair. "Do you go to a private school?" Spencer asked, gesturing to her shoes once they reached the top of the stairs. 

"Um... I guess you could say that." She told him. 

"Here it is!" He sang, as he pushed open the door to the guest room. It was beautiful. 

She walked into the room and plopped herself onto the bed. 

"I- How old are you?" He hesitantly asked. 

"Oh...." Sky muttered to herself. How is she going to tell him shes 30 and trapped inside her 15 year old body? May as well play the part. 

"Fifteen." She smiles at him as he leans against the door. 

"Sixteen." He cheerfully said. 

He walks out of the room with that. 

Sky lets a loud, long sigh escape her lips. and leans back on the bed. She looked at her neck and rubbed her finger over the necklace. "Five... where are you?" She softly said.

As her fingers run along the necklace, it comes to a sudden stop. She soon realizes there's a notch, to open it. She smiles and carefully takes the necklace off. She clicks the button, and a quick clink noise is made from it. The red clicked up, she turned it to reveal a photo of Sky, Five, and Delores. She didnt remember taking this.

In the photo; Sky had a huge smile on her face, to the left of her was Five. He had a massive grin tugging at his lips also. He was giving her a kiss on the cheek. There were two things in the background, Delores in a back... and, utter destruction. 

This was a photo from the apocalypse.

A blush appears on her face. Oh to have Five's touch right now. She missed the warmth of Five. She missed his sarcasm. She missed... him... 

Her eyes become glossy when the door creaks open. She snaps her head to see Spencer. 

"Hey." He whispered, holding clothing. 

"I didn't think my Mom's clothes would fit you, so you can have a pair of mine." He said, and Sky gave him a tight smile. 

"Thanks." She said, before turning her gaze back at the necklace. 

Spencer stood at the door not knowing what to do, as he watched the girl stare sadly at the necklace. 

The boy cleared his throat. "Uh... do you maybe... h-have... like a boyfriend or something?" He asked, and instantly wanted to punch himself in the face. "So we can find him!" He quickly blurts.

Sky chuckles and turns back to him. His foot was silently tapping. "I-I'm not sure." She snorted. 

Spencer chuckled with her. "Alright... well, goodnight!"

"Good night, Spencer."

Authors note:

I love Spencer very much.