Chapter 8- Well that was... thrilling

After the discussion with their father, Five had told Sky his only option left

After the discussion with their father, Five had told Sky his only option left. To kill the board of directors. She insisted that she came with, no matter how many times he told her no, she kept asking.

So he let her.

They were walking into the handler's hotel room, hand in hand.

Five knocked on the door with his free hand. The doors immediately opened, to reveal the handler. It opened so fast, she could have been waiting there for the boy.

"He- Ah! Hello Sky, Five." She greeted, surprised by Sky's presence. "Just in time for nightcap." Said Handler, she walked back into the room, expecting the 'teenagers to follow. They did.

Five gave Sky's hand a squeeze, he could sense the nervousness, because of her sweaty palms.

The handler handed Five and Sky a cocktail. Once they accepted, she drank one of her own.

Five cleared his throat. "To be clear, we take out the board... you get me and my family home?"

"No more doomsday, no more apocalypse. Is that correct?" Sky added.

The handler layed down on the bed. Making Sky want to cringe at how she sat. "That's the deal."

Five nodded his head, and turned to Sky. His eyes seeked last-minute permission, she gave him a nod. He turned back to the handler. "Then I'm in."

The handler held up a post-it-note in between her fingers. Sky snatched the folded paper from her, and opened it.

The Lonely Lodge In
Wisconsin, 1982.

<->

1982

FIve and Sky arrived at the place the meeting was held. Irish music was playing, along with people wearing clothes like it.

Five held the door open for Sky, as they walked into the building. They stood in place for a second, looking around. Sky spotted a woman standing by the food table, she pointed. Five nodded, and walked over to her.

"Excuse me!" Sky said, in her most innocent voice possible.

The woman jumped. "Uff-da! You snuck up on me there. If your looking for the cookies, they don't come out until 3:00."

"I can hardly wait." Five said, earning a chuckle from Sky. "Uh.. Do you happen to know where the Midwest Soybean Society meeting is meeting?"