Better Than Ever

{Third Person P.O.V}

When the sun came in through Hayley's closed eyelids the next morning, she groaned. Covering her eyes with her arm she sat up off the ground.

She looked down and saw she was naked. Then, last night came back to her.

She ran off from her seat on the docks before turning into a wolf and running for the rest of the day.

Looking around, she saw that she was deep in the bayou.

She found her pile of clothes, and put them on. She wore a pair of green ripped jeans, a red short sleeve with a black leather jacket. She wore matching black Nikes and she braided her hair to keep it out of her face.

She walked for a while until she stood by the side of the lake.

She sighed and looked around for Jackson's boat but couldn't see it, so she assumed it sunk to the bottom.

And that's where she stood until she heard something.

Turning, she saw no one but heard a heartbeat so she knew someone was there. She sped off and appeared again behind someone. A human.

He was skinny black man with black hair and brown eyes.

"Why are you following me?" She asked making him jump and turn around. He shook in fear and she just sighed.

"I'm not going to hurt you. Just tell me why you're following me. I-It was Elijah. He ordered me to watch over you. He wanted to see if you were okay."

Hayley shufted before smirking. The man shook more. "What's your name? Louis."

Hayley nodded before grabbing his arm and compelling him.

"Don't scream. You'll be fine."

Hayley finished compelling him before she hissed and dug her fangs into his artery.

She gripped his shirt collar, drinking more and more from him. She felt her strength returning to her after that long run.

She pulled away to breathe as blood coated her fangs. She licked them, the blood tasted metallic.

She sighed in content before digging her fangs into him again. She drank him dry, and let him fall. She wiped her lips and smiled.

She turned to leave when a phone rang. It wasn't hers. It was Louis'. She groaned before picking it up.

She saw Elijah's name pop up on the screen. She smirked and answered.

"Hello? Hayley? Where's Louis? Oh, he's a little bit tangled up right now. Why do you have his phone?

Better question, why does he have your number?" She asked and that silenced him.

"That's what I thought. Oh and Louis? He's dead." She smiled and hung up. She drops his phone onto his body before walking away in a much happier mood.

{Klaus}

I stood in my art room silently painting before Elijah busted in. "Brother. What an unsurprising welcome.

Hayley has killed someone." I wasn't fazed. She's one of us now. We all kill. "Does this not surprise you brother? No Elijah, it doesn't. Why does it bother you?

She killed someone Niklaus. In cold blood. Maybe she was hungry."

I turned to him, a smirk on my face. "She's a hybrid Elijah. Being a vampire only exaggerates what you are.

And wolves are wild things." Turning back to my easel, I spoke again. "I don't see why it's such a problem.

She'll just do it again."

Elijah sped over to me, knocking me over.

"Is this some joke to you!?" He yelled and I sped over to him, punching him in the face. "No, it isn't. Why is it such a big deal for you? She killed someone Niklaus. She is becoming less and less of herself. And more like...," I shifted, catching on to what he was insinuating.

"So that's how it is? Well then, brother. Go and help her. Cater to her needs. I won't be there to stop you."

I went back to my painting as he left my room.

{Third Person P.O.V}

Hayley walked into the compound and called for Kol. She never hung around him but they talked now and then.

He came down the stairs, and into the giant courtyard.

"Yes, darling? Kol do know where Davina could be? I went by the cemetery and she wasn't there.

I'll call her. Then we can go find her together, I need to talk to her anyway. Okay." She smiled and they turned to walk out the door when Elijah came down the steps, calling to Hayley.

Both stopped before Hayley told Kol to meet her outside.

She crossed her arms as he walked over. "Elijah. Did you need something? Hayley, I understand you're grieving right now. I really do. But, I'm not sure killing people is the right way.

If you let me, I can help you. Return you to your real self." He reached up to touch her face but Hayley smacked it away.

"My real self?" Hayley glared at Elijah. "I am my real self, Elijah. I'm a hybrid now. Just like Klaus. I don't see why you have a problem.

I just can't see you like this. What do you mean?" She asked him. "If you don't like this Elijah then say it.

Because if you can't except for who I am, then I'll find someone who can.

Hayley said turning from him and walking out the compound.