Let Me In

{Klaus}

When I saw Hayley going into the apartment across from us, I saw she ran into someone. I didn't notice who but he seemed so familiar. As of I'd seen him before. Before going inside, he glanced up at me. And that's what shocked me, because he look me right in the eye.

I turned to go back inside when a paper floated right in front of me.

A message.

I rose a brow and caught it. Opening it, I got chills.

'Klaus. I'd say it's good to see you after all these years but, it's not. I've been here for a while, and it seems like a good town. With good people. Like Hayley.

Meet me at the cemetery. And come alone. We are long overdue for a talk.'

It sounded taunting. Testing me to see if I were coming. I gripped the paper tightly before grabbing my coat and going downstairs. I walked through the courtyard, ready to leave when my brother called to me.

"What Elijah? I've got things to do. Have you seen Hayley? She hasn't returned." I was shocked. Had Hayley not told him yet? "She isn't coming back, Elijah. She said she needed to focus on her wolves.

That she couldn't lose anyone else. And she's got a new home."

I said and a pain struck Elijah's face. He began to talk, but I cut him off. "Elijah, I don't have the time. Can we talk of this when I return?

There more important matters at hand." I said, and Elijah sighed, nodding. With a smile, I turned and walked out to my car.

I got in and drove quickly to the cemetery. What I got when I arrived, was unsettling. There were no traces of anyone.

Or that anyone was here. I walked inside and went to the center of the cemetery. I saw a boy. Well, a man. He looked like the same man who was with Hayley.

"Who are you?" He turned and my guess was correct. It was the man who was with Hayley.

"Klaus. I see you got my mesage. You probably don't remember me but, I'm Malachai Parker. You know, a siphon witch."

The name seemed familiar, but I couldn't put my hand on it. He groaned childishly, before speaking again.

"Come on man! You tried to kill me after you found out how powerful I was.

He spoke and that's when it all came back to me. He was Malachai Parker. A man who was stuck in a prison world for over a decade. When he escaped, we were together for a while, but he got to powerful and crazy for me. So I attempted to take him out.

It didn't go well.

"Kai. What is it that made you come to New Orleans? You. What? You and this little hybrid. Hayley was it? She's kind of a cutie. She didn't even notice I was a witch.

But, there's something peculiar. I can't seem to siphon anything off her. She isn't a witch. I know. But, the thing is, all us supernatural beings are extraordinary. You guys got a power all on your own. So if I grabbed you...,"

Kai gripped my arm before using it to make a pain start in my mind. I crumbled to my knees, feeling his veins pop.

"You feel that? That is the power I'm stealing from you, but you see I can't take any from Hayley. Any reasons why?"

I pulled away, panting at my sudden tiredness. "I have no idea. It makes no sense to me. I've never heard of this." I stumbled and Kai made a dark laugh. It sent chills down my spine.

"Well find out. Or I'll do it myself. And you don't want happened to Jackson to happen to her. Do you?" My eyes widened. Kai was the one who had attacked the bayou and killed Jackson.

"You witch." I growled under my breath but before I could attack, Kai was gone.

{Hayley}

I had just finished my apartment. After all day, I did a little light cleaning before ordering some things online. As I finished up my bed, I heard a knock at the door. I sped downstairs and opened the door.

It was Klaus. "Klaus? Did you need something?" He looked me up and down at my outfit. Oh...did I mention I had tied up my shirt so it looked like a bra and pulled on a pair of shorts?

"Hayley. Um...c-can I come in? Sorry about this. Give me a minute." I sped back upstairs and changed into a pair of green jeans and a white tee with my leather jacket and heels.

I pulled out my phone and walked back over to Klaus who was leaning on the door. He looked out of breath. "You okay? Yes. Just call and ask okay?" Hayley nodded and speed dialed Willow. On the third ring she picked up.

"Willow. Need a favor could you come over?"

Soon Willow stood next to Klaus. "Sorry for this Willow but, Klaus needs to be invited inside.

It's not a problem for you, my queen." Willow was sort of old school and that released Hayley. "You can go in, Klaus. Thanks. You're free to go now, Willow. I need to talk to Hayley privately."

Before Hayley could speak, Klaus slammed the door in Willow's face and dragged Hayley away from it.

"Hey! What's going on with you?" She asked and he wobbled. Klaus had strode into the living room and Hayley followed.

"Klaus, are you okay? You're not yourself. I'm fine just...tired." He sighed sighing and that oet his muscles relax. But as soon as they did, he dropped to the floor.

Hayley panicked. She kneeled beside him, trying to see if he were alright.

"Klaus? Klaus!"

And that's the last he heard before passing out completely from exhaustion.