Three

I slammed the door to my truck closed and made my way inside the building and down the metal stairs in the back that lead down to the fighting area. It wasn't as busy tonight, apparently my mate wasn't fighting tonight, she was busy 'resting' apparently.

I and a few of my pack members made our way in and surveyed the place.

"Can I help you, sir?" I looked at the man that spoke and realized he was my mate's handler and had to suppress a deep growl that was building up in my throat.

"Yes, you can actually," I took a step closer to him, my fist clenching, "I want to see your 'dog'" I snarled the last word and saw him flinch slightly.

"I'm sorry, sir, but she is currently undergoing a refresher in her training, maybe another time?" He smiled confidently but that confidence quickly crumbled and my hand gripped around his throat.

"Take me to her, or you die." I snarled in his ear.

"Trust me, you dont want to kill me, I am the only one that she will listen to other than the trainer and she is more terrified of him than anything." He had the nerve to snarl back at me and that's when I realized that he was one of us. My eyes widened in surprise and then narrowed in anger.

"You know what she is and yet you treat her like a dog!" He smirked and my anger grew. I threw him to one of my pack members and started down the restricted areas, anyone who tried to stop me ended up dead. I broke down the door that leads down to the basement where I saw her cage last, but when I got down there the only thing in the cage was an empty food bowl and another of stagnant water. My anger grew as I saw the things they gave her to eat and drink. She wasn't a dog! She was part human too.

I turned around in a blind rage and griped the handler by his shirt collar and pulled him roughly to me, my lips pulled back from my teeth as a growl escaped me.

"Where is she?" He laughed. He actually laughed at me. I pulled back my fist and hit him square in the jaw, hearing a satisfying cracking sound, blood gushing from his nose. I was about to go for another hit when I remember the other room from yesterday.

I shoved past everyone and past the dead bodies as I raced to the metal door. I went for the handle and pulled hard on it, only to realize it was locked. I huffed in frustration and took a step back before ramming my shoulder into the solid surface. Busting it from its hinges, the door fell down inside the room with a loud bang.

I looked around the darkened room, barely being able to see anything. I slapped the two side walls looking for the light switch, knowing she was in here, her sent faint and masked by the copper smell of blood and the stench of waste. But she was here. I knew it. I found the light and flipped it on, it flicked to life as I eagerly looked around the room, my eyes landing on a wall of various whips and torture devices. I growled lowly as my eyes landed in them and then into a watering trough that was half empty, most of the water pooling into the floor and mixing with fresh blood, dying it pink.

I snarled in disgust and anger as I followed the trail of fresh blood through the stains of old blood that painted the floor and walls, to another cage in the far corner of the room. It seemed to be smaller than the one downstairs and my vision went red when I saw my mate inside. The sides of the wired cage were pressing deeply into her ribs, her head being forced to stay up from a chain that was attached to the ceiling, reaching down through the cage and hooked to her collar. If she were to try and rest her head, the collar would surely cut off her airway. I growled in pain as I saw the silver muzzle around her snout.

I rushed over as the other pack members walked in with the handler in their grasp. I knelt down in front of the cage and tried to look in her eyes, but they were closed. I quickly ripped the door to the cage opened, ripped the chain down from the ceiling. I bent down again and saw her eyes were opened, but she was looking at the ground with her ears pulled back, one in the direction of her handler.

"Let's get you out of here, little mate." I reached to take off the muzzle.

"I wouldn't do that if I were you." I shot a glance at Ben, my beta and he kneed the man in the gut. I looked back at the wolf in front of me and slipped the muzzle off, a small smile creeping up on my face, glad it was gone. The victory was short-lived. Rhe handler whistled and her poster changed from stiff to rigged as the muscles under her matted and filthy coat bunched. I had little time to think before she launched out of the small space, her huge paws landing evenly on my shoulders, knocking backward on to the blood crusted floor. She snarled as her eyes turned a bright red, her mouth opening wide and saliva dripped from her large canines and onto my face. She was about to go for the kill and there was nothing I could do. I couldn't hurt my mate.