Ten

I woke up from the darkness only to see more darkness. If it wasn't for the feeling of something soft and comfortable underneath meI would have thought that everything that had happened since trainer was a dream, thinking that they were done with me lessons for the time being and put me back in my cage. I lifted my head of the fluffy thing that it was on and looked around the darkroom, feeling fear climb over me. I hated the dark. I remembered how would it to deprive me of my senses when he was first hired to break-i mean train me.

I shook the memories and thoughts away, my nose twitching as it searched through the different sents in this place. Plastic and metal, a hint of blood that had my vines pumping with adrenaline. Taking a deep breath I surprised by the urge to rip the room to sheards with the newfound energy, and by doing so I bought the amazing scent of my new handler. My eyes darted around the dark corners of the room, looking for the man that had taken me from the only place that I had ever know. My breathing grew quicker as I tried to find him, my mid going on overdrive, telling me that I should be afraid of where the handler to get ready for any surprise he could throw in my direction, he must know that I was weaker in the dark, why else would he be in here with me and have the lights off? Another part of me was yelling to get off the comfortable thing beneath me, knowing that it was too good for a filthy animal like me to be on, so on shaky legs, I stood and jumped down the cold floor beneath me, only to collapses in a heap as the hit almost inch of me.

I went to stand but quickly realized that something was holding one of my front legs in place. Lowering my head I sniffed the weird material that the contraption was made of and growled lowly. I was debating about trying to bit it off, but a sound of shuffling to my left pulled my attention away from the thing for the moment and allowed my eyes to try and focus in the direction of the noise. After a minute or two they finally were able to make out a form of a man. Raising my muzzle in the air for a second I caught a whiff of his scent and quickly snapped my ears and eyes down, realizing that he was the man I was currently looking for. I hunched down and quickly scurried backward, knocking over a wired metal pole thing, causing it to crash to the ground, knocking over a table that seemed to have things on it, as they clattered onto the ground. I kept rushing backward until I was underneath the thing that I woke up on, pressing myself against the wall and curling in on myself.

I knew I messed up the moment that I panicked, but it was too late, the damage had been done. Handler jumped awake, started by all the noise I had made. He jumped up from where he was and seconds later I was flinching back as a blinding white light assaulted my eyes. I shook my head and let a whine slip as I closed my eyes tightly to try and stop the burning in my eyes. My ears twitched at the sound of handler's feet slapping against the white stone underneath him, his feet were the only things I could see as he stalked closer to my hiding place. I watched as he stopped beside the thing I was under and suddenly hie knees bent and his hands were on the ground as well. His eyes meet mine as I opened them in curiosity and I felt a shiver run up my aching spine. I knew it wasn't right, but I could not for the life of me, tear my eyes away from his captivating grey cages. His face stretched out into a small smile, one that didn't have me dreading what was to happen next, but one that made me want to smile back.

"There you are, little mate." Quite and calm, his words seemed to soothe me slightly, but I wasn't an idiot. It was a trick I knew, trying to get me to mess, up but the joke was on him. I was trained to be a good mutt and that is what I was going to be. I finally ripped my eyes away from his and looked back down at my paws, the weird contraption on my leg making it itch. I think the man was going to say something else as he took in another breath, but a knock on the door stopped him. I heard him shuffle, getting back to his feet as his steps echoed off the white walls and to the person who knocked. After a few muffled words later the sounds of two pairs of feet were head. My ears twitched as my nose to in the sent of the new person, knowing who it was instantly. French Villnal, syrup, a tiny bit of cinnamon...and...gingerbread? I didn't know what any of these things were but the names came to my head as my brain filtered through them and when they came together on word kept sweeping my mind. Snickerdoodle? Huh. Wonder what that is.