Ch. 1 - Really Close

(Nolan's POV)

The room was dark. The mattress felt cold. And the blankets felt heavy. Ever had that feeling like your helpless? The feeling of no matter what you do, you can't escape? That's what it felt like for a long time. I stared up at the dark ceiling. My imagination turned the shadows into monsters, and voices were loud. My breath quickened as something crawled over top of me. It was too dark to see their face. Before I could even think to sit up, my wrists were pinned down. My chest felt heavy, and it felt as if I could've been forced into the ground.
"G-get off... S-stop... "
My voice wouldn't go any louder than a whisper. I squirmed and kicked, in hopes that it would take some affect. It didn't. Nothing did. My neck became warm from someones's breath. I turned my head to the side with closed eyes, afraid of who I'd see if I looked. A few moments passed. Before I could react, something grabbed my head, and forced me to look back up. My eyes opened, instinctively, to see a horrible smirk and evil red eyes. Unintelligible voices and whispers grew louder and louder in my head. The figure had a deep, creepy laugh and a twisted smile. I screamed, hoping it would go away.
"Stop it.. no.."

My eyes opened and I sat up almost violently. I looked around the foot of my bed and over my shoulders. My heart beat fast, and for a split second I struggled to breathe. I looked to my right and sighed in relief. I pet the grey ball of fur that lay next to me. It was just a nightmare. I tried to comfort myself. Everything's okay. I pulled my hand away, and glanced at the clock.

3:38am...

It was just a stupid nightmare. Don't cry. I felt my lip quiver and my eyes water. I rubbed my eyes with the back of my hand. Don't cry! The very thing I didn't want to do, I did anyways.

In the morning I woke up to a gentle kiss on my forehead. My eyes opened slowly. I looked up to see a nice smile with beautiful blue eyes. His golden hair was perfect as always and his voice was soft like every other time he'd wake me.

Lou: Goodmorninggg

I smiled and said the same thing back with my sleepy voice. He sat me up and held my hands.

Lou: C'mon... Let's go eat. I made us breakfast.

"It's not burnt this time, is it? "

He chuckled and pulled me close to him.

Lou: "No, bunny. It's not."

I nodded to let him know I heard him. He left the room with a smile, as I began to change out of my pj's. I rubbed my eyes, which stung as if I hadn't blinked in forever. This is what I get for crying lastnight... I thought to myself as I blinked profusely.

I washed my face, and glanced at my reflection. My eyes hurt, but they didn't appear red or puffy. Hopefully Lou won't notice... I thought while washing my eyes for the 10th time.

Lou: Feeling better today?

I smiled and replied with a "yup" as I headed down the stairs. I stopped in the middle of the steps for a moment. I hated when I'd get dizzy from moving too fast. The room spun for a moment, but it didn't last long.

I Planted a kiss on Lou's cheek, and went to sit down. My feet dangled from the chair, as the smell of warm bread made its way to my nose. I looked down at my feet as soon as I felt fur against my legs. I smiled and pet the puppy's head.
"Hey Bear!"
His mismatch eyes glowed purple and blue as he licked my hand. His fur was white and grey, just like a Husky's fur should be. A sniffle came along with the clink of a plate being set down in front of me.
"Oh, sorry Lou. I forgot to take him to Moxy's... "
Lou shook his head and sat across from me with a plate if his own.

Lou: It's alright. My allergies aren't as bad anymore. Besides, we shouldn't bother Moxy with things like that.

"I guess."