Chapter Nine - The Circlet

Dreams POV
It has been a few days since me and Nighty have been dating. He has been hiding something from me. He has this one room in his castle that peaks my interest. I have no idea what is in there because he locks it. I keep bugging him about it. Maybe he might let me in there one day.

Nightmare POV
I grab the key to the room I always have locked. I walk inside. When you first walk in, you see two clear cases. (I will explain what was in there later). When you look on the ceiling, there are stars scattered all over. They remind me of the books I used to read to Dream before the whole 'Apple Incident'. *Sigh* Well Dream is going to be part of us later so it won't really matter. I am just waiting for the right time to tell him.

-Two days later-

Nightmare POV
'Ok! Today's the day!' I thought as I walked over to Dream. I got more nervous the closer I got to him. He noticed this and walked over to me.

"H-Hey Dream." I said cursing myself for stuttering.

"Hey Nighty, What's wrong?" He questioned me. 'Ok, it's now or never.'

"Can we sit down p-please?" I asked nicely.

"Of course." Dream and I then walked over to the bed.

"Alright what do you need to talk about?" Dream asked looking at me with concern and curiosity.

"You know that room that I locked?" I asked.

"Yea, what about it?" Dream stared at me confused.

"Well there's this thing and I want you to...." I started.

"You know what, It's probably better if I show you." I got off the bed and walked to the bedroom door, Dream following behind. I stepped through the door, walking to the locked door. I fumbled around in my pocket for the key. Once I found the key, I pulled it out of my pocket. I handed the key to Dream. He looked it over for a second then looked at me confused.

"I want you to open the door." Dream looked over to the door and put the key into the lock. He slowly twisted it and then the door opened. Dream stepped into the room immediately looking at the two cases in the middle. The one on the left had my circlet/crown sitting on a stand. The one on the right had an apple. The apple was black, but where the light hit it looked a little more teal than black. When Dream saw my circlet he started crying, clasping a hand over his mouth. I could just barely make out the words he said to me.

"Y-You s-still have it?"

"Of course, it reminded me of you and what we had been through. How could I have abandoned it?"

But saying that made Dream remember something he had tucked away and wanted to forget