Chapter Fourteen - The room

Nightmare POV
I walked with Dream through the dark hallways, walking towards the apple room. I glanced up at Dream once and a while, wondering what he was thinking. He is a hard person to read compared to me. I'm like an open book, Dream can tell what I am thinking at all times. A lot has changed since I woke up, a new system and order, the guys, and most importantly, Dream. I wondered what happened when I was gone. I sighed, shaking those thoughts out of my head, reaching for the key.

We walked up to the door, stopping. I pulled the rusted black key out of my pocket, handing it to Dream, just like last time. I took a deep breath and stepped aside, looking at Dream the whole time. I silently waited until I heard the door click open. Dream wasn't surprised this time when he looked into the room. He had seen it all before. I looked around noticing something missing from the room.

"Dream?" I called, turning towards him.

"Hmm?"

"Don't you notice something missing?" I asked him, sweeping my eyes across the room once more. He did the same.

"Hmm, yeah I suppose," he said, crossing his arms. He was acting a little strange now that I think about it. There was one thing that stood out to me most though. His outfit had changed. How had I not noticed that? I'll ask him about that later. I looked around another time, eyes landing on the two cases in the middle. I noticed that something was missing.

"Dream, where did the apple go?"

{A/N}
Yes, CLIFFHANGERS. UwU I know I'm awesome. Anyways, if you do enjoy, please vote it helps me out so much! Stay positive ~ Texas