Chapter Ten - Flashbacks

⚠️ Warning ⚠️
This is not cannon

Dreams POV
"It reminds us of what we have been through." No. I-I ca-can't. When he said those words, I couldn't breathe. It was like there was a lump in my throat and I couldn't get it out. I started having flashbacks of my past. Memories I wish I could forget.

Flashback (3rd person POV)
"Hey Night!" A skeleton dressed in yellow screamed at his counterpart excitedly. Once he got to the tree where his brother was, he could see his brothers face. One side had bruises on it. The other side had a cut that went across his face, starting from the top of the eye to the tip of his nose. The yellow one was named Dream. His counterpart was dressed in purple clothes much like Dreams. Dream started crying. Dream helped his brother up and grabbed his brothers face, gently. He started turning his brothers head getting a better look at what happened. His counterpart started blushing a light lavender color. Dream was too busy to notice though. "Come on Night! We have to clean you up!" The yellow one said pulling his brother to their house.

"Hey Dream!" The villagers yelled as they ran towards the positivity guardian. They held a piece of cheesecake in their hands. "Here Dream! We got this for you!"  The villagers said as they handed the slice over to him. They then walked away. Nightmare looked at his brother with envy. Dream then handed the whole slice to him. "Here. I'm not hungry." The positive guardian said while blushing a light yellow. "Thanks." Nightmare said before eating the cheesecake.

There was a mob surrounding the tree. The yellow one felt a spike of negativity and ran to the tree. When the yellow one got there he saw his brother. He couldn't describe how he felt in that moment. His brother Nightmare slowly bit into the negativity apple. His counterparts face scrunched up in pain. Dream got to the front and took one look at his brother. His head started spinning and he landed on the grass with a soft thud. With one of his tentacles, Nightmare carefully picked up his brother and set him behind his back. The last thing Dream heard before passing out was, "I'm sorry Dream. Goodbye brother."

Dream slowly woke up. His eyes fluttered open and he was sitting in his house. Was that a Dream? No it couldn't have been. Where was Nightmare? Dream yelled his brothers name all throughout the house but there was no answer. Dream then stepped outside. Horror crosses his face when he looked at the dead remains of the villagers. Dream then slammed the door shut. He started hyperventilating. He ran to the bathroom and slammed the door. He walked over to the cabinet and pulled out a razor blade. (Slight blood/self harm warning) 'should I?' Dream contemplated before putting the blade to his arm. One for not saving the villagers. Dream watched as the crimson blood rolled down his arm. Two for not helping Nightmare. Fifteen for not saving the tree. The blood was rolling off his arm. Dream was getting mesmerized by it. By now Dream was getting lightheaded and decided to stop. He wrapped his arms up with bandages. From that day on, Dream had always hidden his aura.

{A/N}
Sorry if this wasn't very good. This is more of their backstory in my AU.