Chapter 7

Nina's POV

I woke up, feeling the weight of a body next to me. I looked over to see Draco Malfoy, the boy who had bullied me for so long, softy stroking my hair, half asleep. I gently kissed the side of his face, causing his eyes to flutter open, and yank his hand back.

"Hey," he said, with a deep, rough morning voice "Glad to see someone is finally fucking awake."

I know I should feel shocked about his sudden change of atitude, but it honestly doesn't suprise me.

I get out of bed, desperate to get out of the room. I look down only to realize that I was still wearing his big shirt. I find my clothes in a pile by the door, and start to pull off the shirt, when I realize Draco was looking at me. There is no way that I'm getting changed in front of him, I'll just suck it up and wear the shirt over to the Gryffindor common room. When Draco realized my dilema and starts to laugh, not even bothering to hide it.

"Good luck getting back to your room, Robinson. Everyone is gonna know what went down when you walk out of here wearing that."

"What's your problem Draco? I thought we were past this."

He stood up and walked closer to me, close enough to where I could feel his body heat radiating onto me. He roughly grabbed my chin and pulled my face up to look at his.

"It's Malfoy to you, mudblood."

I could feel blotches of red forming on my cheeks, giving away that I was about to cry. I swear that his face fell for half a second when he noticed, but it quickly returned back to its cold state. He harshly let go of me and walked away to pull on a white shirt to go with his green, silk boxers. I figured that was my cue to leave to the room. But right as I reached for the door, someone else had already begun to walk in.

Blaise walked into the room and walked up to Draco and offered him a hard pat on the back, "Malfoy! You did it man! I didn't thinkit would even be possible."

What in Merlin's name were they talk about?

Draco looked me dead in the eyes while speaking to Blaise and said, "I told you I could get any girl to give it up for me."

Oh my god. That fucking asshole. I can't believe that for a second I had even thought that he had actually cared about me. The calling me pretty was just to get me into bed, the being gentle was to just make sure I'd let him continue, and the apologizing and letting me fall asleep in his arms was to make sure I'd still be in the room by morning for Blaise to see.

I looked down at feet, refusing to let them see me cry. I picked up my stuff and walked out the door, and he didn't even say goodbye. He just kept laughing and talking like I hadn't even been there.

I walked down the cold steps to the slytherin common room, shivering, only having Draco's shirt to keep me warm. Tears were streaming down my face, and I hadn't even thought about the fact that there would probably be people downstairs.

I walked into the room and everyone in there turned and stared at me, whispering. I kept my head down and rushed to the door, but not quick enough for me to escape hearing Pansy saying, "Oh look, another whore leaving from a night with Draco Malfoy."

How many other people had he been with? This was too much for me. My pace quickened, almost at a light jog, as I pushed through the door and ran through the corridor. I raced across the stone floor, as fast as I could go, as sobs racked through my body. I hadn't been paying attention and I ran right smack into someone. 

I fell to the ground, and out of embarrassment I didn't look up to see who it was, until they reached their hand forward to help me up.

"Nina, are you alright?"

It was Harry. When I didn't reply, he grasped my hand and pulled me up off the ground.

"What happend and why are you crying and who's shirt is that?"

All of these questions were just too much for me to deal with and I just started crying harder and harder.

"Hey, hey, hey, hey, don't cry, don't cry. Here, let's get you all cleaned up." he said, while carefully placing a hand on my back and leading me up to his room.

I didn't have time to react to this new development, but I just went with it. I trust Harry. I hadn't ever been close with him, but I knew him through Hermione, and he was always a gentleman towards me. 

His room that he shared with Ron, was suprisingly neat. My shock must've shown on my face becuase Harry started to laugh.

"Yeah, clean huh? I've always been good about keeping stuff clean, where Ron has always been good about keeping stuff messy. So, I clean, and he promises to not bring loads of food into here. You can take a seat on my bed, if that is okay, I'll find you some clothes."

I slowly sat at the end of his bed, while he looked for clothes for me to wear. He shuffled around a few items in a trunk before pulling out a red pullover and some grey sweatpants. He gently handed them to me, as if he was scared the fabric might break me. 

"I'll, uh, step outside while you get changed."  he said while quickly exiting the room.

I laughed quietly to myself. He was awkward, but in a cute and sweet kind of way. 

I slipped into the fresh clothes, and just like the old t-shirt, they were much too big on me. The sleeves of the sweater went far past my hands, and the legs of the pants puddled around my feet. I walked over to the door, and let Harry back in. 

Having calmed down a bit, I sat back down at the end of the bed. Harry walked over and sat across from me, on Ron's. He looked at me through his round glasses, his eyes full up concern.

I softly spoke up, "It's Draco's. The shirt, I mean." 

"I..I..I didn't know you two were together."

"We aren't."

"Then what are you doing wearing it?"

"I think you know why, Harry."

"Oh, oh. I see."

"It was a mistake."

"What happened, did he make you do this? I swear I will kill him if he did anything to you without your permission, I don't care if his 'father will hear about it'. I will."

"No no no no, I was fine with it."

"Then what's wrong then?"

"After it well, you know, happened, we talked for a little bit, and he seemed different. He let me wear his shirt, and fall asleep in his arms. He made me feel safe with him, something I never thought would happen. But in the morning when I woke up everything went back to how it was before. He had only slept with me cause of a stupid bet with Blaise, and kicked me out before I could get changed. It was humiliating, Harry. I had to walk through the slytherin common room, with everyone looking at me. And to top it all off, Pansy just had to call me a whore. But I'm not even close to being one, it was only my first time!"

I started crying hard again, I tried to stop but I couldn't. Harry sat down next to me, and pulled me to his chest. I leaned into him more, and let him wrap his arms around me while I cried. I could hear his heartbeat thumping, matching with mine. He gently rubbed my back with one hand, and used his other to hold me close to him.

I glanced up at him, and he looked down at me, and blushed before softly kissing my forehead and resting his head on mine. 

Then he whispered so quietly, I could barely hear it, "God Malfoy is such an idiot for wasting his chance with you."