Chapter 11

Draco's POV

I can't believe that I'm spending my Sunday afternoon going back up to Potter's room to try to fix his relationship with someone who is supposed to be mine. He shouldn't even be in the picture but if it makes Nina happy, fine. But I swear to god if he did anything to hurt her, I will kill him, I don't care what happens to me. 

I marched right up the stairs pushing through the pathetic gryffindors who stopped to stare at me, clearly confused about why I was there. I had no idea what I was gonna say once I saw him, but it was too late to turn back around and head back to slytherin. 

I found his room and paused for a second, before banging my fist on the door. I could hear shuffling from inside the room for a few moments before the door was flung open.

Potter was standing there with his hair sticking out in every direction, and his glasses crooked on his face. He as obviously upset and his cheeks burned with anger. Maybe he really did care about Nina. 

"What do you want Malfoy?" 

He spat those words at me so harshly that I was almost taken aback, but instead I just pushed him back into his room. 

"What the hell did you do to Robinson?" I shouted at him, so close the punching him right in the face.

"I didn't do anything to her!"

That lying git. 

"Then what the fuck was she doing crying in the stairwell over you?"

His faced softened and his eyes filled up with concern. I eased back my grip on his shoulder ever so slightly. 

"She was crying? Is she okay?"

"I don't know, but it was something to do with you."

"I asked her to leave my room, that's all. But she as planning on doing that anyways, she wanted to run after you."

It felt like my heart leapt up in my chest, she cared about me. Even though I had put her through so much she still cared about me. She left Potter for me. But, she regretted leaving him. She couldn't even get halfway down the stairs to me, before breaking down, regretting her choice to come find me. She just couldn't bear to be apart from her precious chosen one.

"Yeah well, she wanted you, not me. So fix it, Potter."

"I will." he paused, "Thanks."

I didn't reply to him, I just turned around and went back to my dorm room. My chest felt like it was burning, in the worst way possible. I had just completely ended any chance I had with getting her back.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The next day

I was sitting outside before classes with Blaise when I saw Nina. 

She was so beautiful. Her long brown hair was tied up away from her face, showing off her gorgeous features. All I wanted to do was run up and kiss her, but I couldn't, someone else was already on their way there.

Potter walked up and hugged her waist from behind and kissed her cheek. She blushed and laugh and wiggled out of his grasp, and held his hand. I guess they had made up. Her friends had surrounded them and they all started talking as a group. Even though I had slytherins around me, I felt completely alone. 

Nina touched his arm and whispered something to him, and nodded in my direction. I broke my gaze a looked off to the side and adjusted my tie. She broke off from the group and headed towards me. 

"Hey Malfoy, can I talk to you quickly?"

My friends started hitting my back and laughing. I cursed at them and got up and walked up to Nina. She motioned for me to follow her, and reluctently I did. I could fell her friends' gaze burn into the back of my skull as I walked with her into an empty corridor. 

"I just wanted to say thank you for talking to Harry, I didn't know you had that side of you. It was really kind and thoughful of you."

I had to stop myself from blushing before replying, "You don't have to thank me, it was nothing."

"No, it meant a lot, thank you. I should me heading back to my friends, but maybe we can hang out sometime, study for Potions or something."

"Yeah that'd be fine."

She gave me one last smile, and gently squeezed my arm, before walking back to her group.

And that interaction was all I needed to know that I still had a shot. This is so on.