Chapter 14✓

Carter

The next few days pass in a blur. I've spent my time packing up grandpa's things into boxes, putting the filled boxes into the garage and making a list of things that need to be fixed up or updated. But today I need to take a break.

I haven't heard from Quinn except for a simple text saying I'm sorry, forgive me. He could burn my house down and I would still forgive him, but he didn't need to know that. I needed more than a text message apology.

It's only ten in the morning but the air is already heavy and hot from the morning sun. I know I won't be able to focus on my tasks at hand, so I search through my belongings for my strappy bikini-style bathing suit.

I find it at the bottom of the suitcase I have yet to unpack. It's a cute little number; black with soft pink polka dots. I've always felt confident wearing it because it shows off my curves, as well as pushes my chest up so my large breasts are on display perfectly.

I quickly throw the bikini on and toss a red flowing sundress over top. I pack a bag with a small lunch, a towel, and some tanning oil. I'm going to head out to the meadow for some sun tanning and relaxation.

So much has happened over the past month since I have come back to town that it feels like I keep getting constant whiplash. I need some time to process it all, and a day in the heat and sun sounds exactly like what I need.

I slip my flip-flops onto my bare feet, sling the backpack over one shoulder and walk out of the cabin.

⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅

I make it back to the meadow easily, the path seems to be wearing down slightly since I had tramped over all the underbrush twice yesterday. I manage to make it with no injuries this time and I consider that to be a small victory for today.

I kneel in the meadow, close to the pool of water and open my backpack. Taking out the towel I flick it up and let it float down to the grass, laying it out flat. Shaking my flip-flops off my feet, I move to stand in the middle of the towel as I grasp the bottom of my sundress and lift it over my head, tossing it onto the fabric at my feet.

As I turn towards the water, I take a thin elastic band off of my wrist and pull my long, wavy auburn hair into a messy bun on the top of my head before slowly stepping into the natural pool. I gasp at the bite of the cool water and wrap my arms around myself. I keep walking until I'm standing deep enough that the water is just above my breasts. My nipples are peaking tightly from the chill and my teeth chatter slightly.

The water is crystal clear, and I can see my feet as I walk along the soft, rocky bottom of the pool until I can no longer touch. I swim leisurely through the pool until my fingers become wrinkled and my stomach gives a soft rumble, alerting me to my hunger.

The hair stands up at the base of my neck and I feel a shudder run down my spine. I look around the meadow nervously but don't see anyone.

I turn around and begin to swim back to the edge and a small squeak escapes me when I notice a figure crouched calmly at the edge of the water, watching me intensely. A sly smirk spreads across his face when he sees that I've noticed him.

Tyler's wearing a white V-neck t-shirt that clings deliciously to his tight muscles and light wash blue jeans. The sight of him instantly has me clenching my thighs together as I float in the water.

"Well, hello there, Mister Evans. That's twice this week I've found you watching me, you know. One may start to wonder if you might just be stalking me." I raise my eyebrows at him but remain in place, the water bobbing just beneath my collar bones.