Chapter 42✓

Carter

Their hands roam my skin, drawing goosebumps in their wake. Quinn's rough hands grasp the sides of my face, and he presses his lips to mine. My breath hitches in my throat and a low moan escapes my lips, which Quinn swallows greedily, as Xander's hands slide under my shirt and explore the skin of my stomach. His hands are like fire on my skin, and I ache for more. I want to burn in the inferno of their attention.

A loud knock sounds at the door and instinctively I jump away from them both. Heat floods my cheeks, and I can't help but giggle at their expressions. I timidly tuck my curly, auburn locks behind one ear and look up at the two of them from beneath my lashes. Both of their eyes are the black and silver like the night sky and I know their wolves are surfacing.

"This had better be worth the interruption, or I swear to Goddess, I will punch him directly in the throat. I don't give a fuck that we just got him back." Quinn growls as he gets up off the bed and walks to open the bedroom door.

The door swings open and Xavier is standing in the entrance, he is shirtless and wearing baggy sweatpants. Sweat covers his forehead and his breathing is labored. I jump off the bed and rush over to him.

"Xavier, are you okay? What's going on?" I place my hand on his shoulder and his skin is cool to the touch.

"We need to talk. All of us. We are in serious trouble." Xavier's eyes are huge and full of fear.

"Okay, brother. It's okay, you're okay. We will call a meeting." Xander speaks slow and smooth as he tries to calm him down.

I look over at Quinn, his eyes are unfocused, and his brows are furrowed. "I've called the pack to meeting. They will meet us in the conference room in thirty minutes." Quinn's deep voice rumbles. "Xander, you need to call your pack over here as well. This will concern us all."

⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅

My palms are sweating, and I swear to the Goddess I am going to throw up the pitiful remains of my stomach I am so fucking nervous. I have seen a few of Quinn's pack members barbecuing outside of the pack house on the first night I had spent here, but I have never once met any of them in person. I am about to walk into this conference hall filled with both pack members and to say that I was freaking the hell out is an understatement.

Xander places his hand on my lower back and whispers in my ear that it's all going to be okay. As much as I try to smile and take in his comforting words, I'm sure it must look like more of a grimace. Quinn chuckles from my other side and my cheeks burn red.

After everything that I had been through with my parents, it's like I always have to be in control of the of the things that go on around me or need to have this calm mannerism when I handle all of the new situations that arise, but I'm not really sure how to do this.

At the same time, I also realize that since I have been back to Spirit Wood as well as since Quinn and Xander came back into my life, I may not have been the most level headed woman...not at all. Quite the opposite really. I've been a fucking basket case. Being back and having two gorgeous men has messed with my mind.

Quinn and Xander each have an arm wrapped around my waist and a hand resting on one of my hips as they watch my carefully. It takes me a moment before I realize they are waiting for me to give the okay to open the door to the unknown.

My heart begins to pound faster in my chest. What if the packs don't accept me? What if they aren't okay with their alpha's choosing a human as their mate? I'm not even their fated mate, I'm just someone that they both want to be with. Someone they have desired and now they want to take me as their partner.

Oh Goddess, what if this all blows up in our faces? I've barely had time to come to terms with the fact that werewolves exist in the first place and now I've agreed to be the mate to two of them. I agreed to it before figuring out all the specifics!

For fuck sakes, Carter. Get your shit together. This is what I've wanted my whole life. I can't keep standing here arguing with myself. I need to prove to them that I can handle what ever gets thrown at us. I need to show them and myself that I can be the strong woman that they have been looking for. I take in a deep breath, straighten my shoulders, and lift my jaw before I dare to look into both of their eyes. I give a subtle nod to continue, I'm as prepared as I will ever be.

Xander and Quinn both grasp onto a pretty golden lever handle, turning them slowly and swing the doors open simultaneously. The soft chatter that had been filling the large room comes to a sudden halt and all eyes turn towards us.

We walk together without saying a word until we stand at the head of the table. The power these men emit is addicting and heady. If we weren't in a room with all these other people, I'd jump them both, have them fuck me on their boardroom table.

Xander claps his hands together, shaking me from my dirty thoughts as he brings the meeting to a start. My cheeks burn from the gazes of the pack members roaming over my body, but I make sure to continue holding my head high and my shoulders back. As scared as I am, I refuse to let anyone know.

⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅

When the meeting finally comes to a head, and the pack agrees on a decision for how to proceed, my breathing begins to even out. I had expected the pack members to freak out, or to get mad that they were risking their lives for a human, but they took in the information that Quinn, Xander and Xavier presented with a calm and collective manner.

Quinn's mom, Serena, made it clear to everyone in the room that if another Seer was involved, we needed to be careful with the direction we decide to go in. She didn't want us to set a plan in stone just for the other Seer to be able to sense it and derail everything we worked on.

For us to prevent that from happening, we came up with multiple different plans of attack and told all the warriors to keep in touch with the pack and alpha's via mind-link. I panicked that this was leaving their people too open for Viktor's attack, but everyone tried to soothe my fear and confirmed that the pack worked together like they were a well oiled machine.

After the discussion finalizes, Quinn and Xander introduce me to the pack as their chosen mate and I wait anxiously for them to revolt. Instead, they lower their heads in one synchronized movement and the room echoes with their cheers of one single word. "Luna."

My cheeks flush slightly and a huge smile spreads across my face. I nod my head back to them in recognition and look up into my men's faces to see them both staring back at me with such pride.

Quinn's mom Serena walks up to me once the meeting calms and the pack members begin to file out of the room. She hugs me tightly, taking me by surprise.

"Hello again, Daughter of the Moon and Sun. I'm so happy to see you." Her smile is bright.

"Hello ma'am. It's nice to see you again." I smile back.

"Nonsense! Please, call me Serena. Especially now that my sight has been proven right and you are about to be my daughter-in-law!"

"Thank you, Serena." I say meekly, my cheeks warming.

"Let's get to it, shall we?" She claps her hands together excitedly.

"I'm sorry, get to what exactly?" My brows furrow in confusion.

"Why, your Luna appointing ceremony of course! It's only the second most important day of your life, my girl. The Claiming Moon is tomorrow night and I need to help you get ready! It's a good thing you've healed so well, because you're about to be mated in front of both packs." She laughs musically.

Oh Goddess. What have I gotten myself into?