-Chapter 8- Pumpkin Contest

It was the week before Halloween. The Pumpkin contest was starting today. We had to make the coolest Pumpkin ever. But there was a time limit. We only had the entire day to finish it. The boys agreed to join. We came up with a group name.

Chunin Ninjas

We had a plan. There was a bunch of large pumpkins in the gym. There was a fun race. One person from each group had to run all the way to the gym and pick their pumpkin before the other group got it. We chose Ino since she was really quick on her feet.

"Get a pumpkin that is large but not to big where it'll take us days to complete it." Shikamaru told Ino. She nodded.

Ino's POV

I lined up with the other student outside. We got ready to run.

"READY!!! SET!!!!!!! *HORN*"

We all ran. My friends were cheering for me. I was surprisally faster then anyone here. I made it to the gym first and found a pumpkin that was the perfect size. I quickly put my hand on the pumpkin. The staff then took the pumpkin I had picked to the group table I was in.

"Chunin Ninjas got the first the pumpkin! That group may get started!" The staff yelled.

Tenten's POV

We all ran to the gym and high fived Ino.

"Nice job!" Sakura said.

" I already have a idea." I said. Everyone looked at me.

"Lets do the Hokage Stone Face! Its large enough to do all of them." I said.

"That's a good idea but none of us can carve things into human.." Sasuke said.

"helllo? Weapon person. I can do tools too!" I said.

Sai drew the Hokage faces tracing for us to carve onto the pumpkin. I then started to carve. We all carved faces. It was looking good so far! Took us 5 hours though... But it was worth it. After we carved it, We took a snack break. Then got back finishing the details. Eventually the first step was done. We then had to paint it. We painted it with different shades of brown. Ino and Sai both did art class so they were great with details. The rest of us were okay ish. Took us 3 hours, and we were finished.

"God my arm feels like they will fall off anytime." Ino said.

"They aren't though." Sai said.

"Oh brother." Ino facepalm.

"What is wrong...er..hn..." Sai thought of something.

"What is wrong beautiful?" Sai smiled. Ino blushed.

"Alright you lovebirds, Since we are finished, lets go get pizza!" Temari said.

"L-L-LOVEBIRD?!?" Ino yelled. I snickered. We all had Pizza and ate at the bleachers. The conversation with the boys was funny.

"and so this man shot and there was explosion-" Naruto had food shoved into his mouth from Sasuke.

"Shush Dobe. Nobody is interested." Sasuke said.

"I-I..I'm...Interested..." Hinata fiddled with her hands. Sasuke rolled his eyes. He then looked at Sakura who was laughing with Ino. Her smile had captured Sasuke eyes. He was staring at Sakura. Then looked away blushing. I noticed it and since that Sasuke was sitting next to Sakura, I decided to ask Sasuke this.

"So Sasuke... What is your favorite plant?" I asked. Sasuke looks at me. Neji was curious why I was asking Sasuke.

"Cherry Blossom. I think they look pretty." Sasuke said. It took a minute for him to realize Sakura was blushing a bit. He then looks at me. I was smirking at him. Sasuke sighed and got closer to Sakura.