5. Altan

He's so handsome ^^

Today is the day I face my demon. Today is the day I see Brent for the first time in almost three months. To be honest I'm a little nervous to say the least. My parents have been absolutely amazing as always as well as Gary but they were still worried the pain may spike with me being so close to him, but honestly speaking I don't think it will with me being with Gary for as long as I have and now that we've finally mated, I feel that much better. He makes living so much easier.

I was in such a dark place and being with him has made it worth it. He was so bummed out when he had to go into work and couldn't come with me. Then again that all worked out because I don't want him to see Joseph just yet.

I have known Joseph was my mate since I turned sixteen but I didn't tell him, he was already hurting from Gary so I just let the bond die out by not being near him and when he died, it snapped completely and God I had to go away for a while because it almost killed me and I didn't need anyone to know what was going on. Knowing he was back made me smile inside honestly but I want us all to be together, some day.

Thankfully Kody was here with me or I don't think I could face Brent alone even if he supposedly 'changed'. I won't believe it until I see it, with our family history I'm not taking back the rejection or being manipulated to.

"Are you sure you're ready for this Altan?" Grandpa Liam asked, he was here too. Since papa had business to take care of he decided to take his place.

"No, but it's now or never. If he's killed at least one supernatural he better pray to the goddesses they have mercy on him." I growled out.

"And if it was a rogue or self defense?" Kody asked.

"Then I'll consider the possibility of getting to know the new, real him but if it was out of coldblood I'm killing him myself." I said being completely serious.

"Ok." They said not wanting to argue with Amar being so close to the surface already.

As we walked to his house I sighed before knocking.

"You know I'm not in there right?"

Following the direction of the voice I spot my former mate.

"Brent." I huffed out.

"Just get it over with already, get your revenge or whatever. I've been dealing with it all day." He sighed. Who the hell is this guy, this can't be the cocky coldblooded bastard I rejected a few months ago.

"Is it really you?" I asked in complete shock. He looks like death himself.

"Yes, now that we've stated the obvious just get it over with and kill me or beat me to an inch of my life. Quite frankly I don't give a shit anymore, I'm done with the bullshit. Everyone is looking at me like I'm still a fucking monster. I have done everything I fucking can. I fucking upgraded the security with my own software because the organization's software was completely outdated by six monthes. I fucking took on three rogues who got on to the territory because of it, feel free to ask Jaylen about that one if you don't believe me. I have literally been working to an inch of my life and being bedridden days at a time but no one seems to fucking care because they only see me for my past. If you want to add to my hell then fine or just do me a favor and fucking kill me, I'll be dead sooner or later." He said and walked past us and slammed his door.

Well that was unexpected.

"What the hell just happened?" Kody asked out loud.

"I have no idea." I said and we just stood there still processing what just happened.

"Have you guys seen Brent?" Great Grandpa Adriel asked.

"He locked himself in his house." Grandpa Liam said.