7. Gary

Holy shit today I finally see Joseph for the first time in forever. According to Altan he’s been back for about a month now visiting his parents and what not, now that he’s here it’s all too real and I’m nervous as hell. More nervous than two months ago when I saw Brent for the first time since we took him to New Moon. 

Seeing how much he had changed, I thought it was all an act but Altan assured me it was no act and the old Brent was a thing of the past. He’s been a Godsend honestly. I mean just this morning he did some repairs on Altan’s house I’ve been meaning to fix for quite a while but we always got caught up in other activities. He has also brought back the Altan I thought was lost to all of us all those months ago, he brought him true happiness and I couldn't be more grateful.

“Could you be any more tense?” Altan asked, chuckling. 

“Can you blame me?” I asked. 

“No but you’re acting more tense than when you met Brent which is pretty ironic.” He chuckled. 

“Whatever, what time does Brent get off of work anyway?” I asked, trying to change the subject. 

“Repair shop closes at six but he’ll be home in time for a late lunch before going back and he’ll be home for dinner.” Altan said and we got out of the car and made our way to the big tree in the park where Joseph said to meet him. 

As we walked towards the tree, I could feel somewhat of a pull but it was faint. I guess he really is alive. 

“Smile, please? It’s the first time you’ve seen him in a while.” He said. 

“How are you so calm about this? He’s your mate too y’know. I mean yea you went into his mind to warn him he was going to die but still, it’s like you’re unaffected by the pull.” I said frustrated. 

“It’s the unofficial rejection, Gary. Look at what happened with Brent, he flipped his shit when I went there. Although it was two different circumstances it was still a rejection nonetheless." He said, sounding offended by what I said. I just sighed. 

“I’m sorry babe, I didn’t mean to flip out.” I said biting my lip. 

“It’s ok, now let’s go.” He said and grabbed my hand. 

When we got to the tree there he was, alive and well, he looked healthier than ever before. It was amazing to see him look so healthy when all this time I couldn’t get the image of his sunken eyes, thin body and pale skin out of my head. 

Now standing in front of me is a tall, broad, blonde and tanned God. He looked so sexy. His eyes shining, his smile bright, his muscles bulging against his t-shirt and his thighs as big as his biceps. Just so thick and I was drooling. He was wearing shorts so I was just in heaven. 

"Calm down love, he can't smell how turned on you are but I sure can so please calm down. I really don't want to mount you here and now even though I could care less if we're in public, we just can't right now."

“Fuck I can’t help it, look at him.” I bit my lip and we walked closer. 

“Joseph?” I called out and he instantly looked in our direction. 

“I’m going by Kingsley now but that works.” He smiled and it was like it was just us two around, just like it was years ago. 

“I like Joseph better though." I said and I hugged my long lost dead and reborn again mate. 

“It was the goddesses too y’know.” He said and he took a shuddering breath as he held me. 

“I missed you so much every single day Joseph, is this real?" I asked because it feels real and I know I'm awake but I have dreamed of being with him so many nights in my sleep.