14. Brent

“Wakey wakey Brent.” I heard as I tried to open my eyes. 

“Can't I just sleep all day?" I said. My body still feels heavy and I'm still lethargic. 

"Gary, I love you but I just want to sleep." I said awake but my eyes were still closed. 

"I know you're still tired but the doctor said you need your daily outing since you were in that bunker chained and suspended to the ceiling for God knows how long." I know how long, down to the milliseconds. Every minute counted because I have a cub to protect. 

"What's for lunch?" I asked as my stomach rumbled louder than thunder making Gary snicker. 

"Well because you're still not at full health, we made soup and sandwiches." He said and I smiled to myself. 

"Let me just take a shower and I'll join you guys." I said getting up despite my body screaming at me. Damn hunters are fucking ruthless. 

"Do you need help getting to the bathroom or do you think you can manage?" He asked and I shook my head, not wanting any of my mates to see my body. 

"I think I got it. The dizzy spells aren't as bad as they were." I said as I kissed him and smiled then disappeared into the bathroom. 

As I got out of the shower, I remembered I needed to make an appointment to check on the cub. I wanted to make sure those assholes didn't fuck with him. 

Speaking of appointments, I need to find time to track Ryker down. 

"Lunch is ready, lo…" Joseph began but stopped mid-sentence when he saw them. The scars from the hunters, his eyes were glued to my chest so I quickly covered myself with my shirt. 

 "I'll be right behind you." I said as I pulled on the shirt I had started to put on when he walked in. 

I know they're going to want the full rundown of my kidnapping and what happened for those four months I was gone. 

"Where's Altan?" I asked as I got to the last step. It was just Gary and Joseph at the dinner table.

"He went to talk to Ethan about taking out the hunters that kidnapped you and our cub." Joseph said and glanced at my chest. 

“Did anyone try to…you know what. Trying to stop a raging tiger God is not a good idea.” I said looking at the dinner table.

“There’s an extra plate. Are we having company?” I asked and my head started to hurt so I sat down. 

“That is a surprise but for now let’s just relax and watch some TV or something until Altan and our guest arrives.” Gary smirked and I eyed him. What’s going on here?

As we made our way to the couch, I felt a kick and doubled over. Little guy may not be a God but he sure has strong genes. 

“Is that our little cub or did something happen?” Gary asked as they both ran to my side.

“Just a kick, little guy has been using me as a punching bag for a bit now.” I chuckled and so did they. 

Hours passed and I was being shaken awake but not by any of my mates. They each have their own way of waking me up but none of them shake me. 

When I opened my eyes, I think I forgot how to breathe.

“R-ryker?!” I asked and blinked a few times making sure I was awake and even pinched myself.

“Good to see you too.” He smiled softly and I hugged him and I couldn’t help the tears that fell.

“How? What? Why? Or When?” I shot off questions.