6. Brent

Seeing Altan just show up out of the blue really got to me, in more ways than one.  I didn't realize he was actually a beautiful man until I saw him after so long. His hair was a brownish blonde, his skin was glowing because of his dark tan and his eyes, they sparkled against the sunlight that I lost my breath looking at the angel of Altan standing in front of me. Joseph was right, he is fucking hot.

It’s been six months since then and I feel like death. Maybe it’s because I’m still on edge, or maybe it’s the stress of being on suicide watch and waking up every morning at eight in the morning. 

I don’t know what got into me all those months ago but seeing him made me flip a switch, I was so mad at myself for hurting his family and all those lives and so I guess I flipped out on him because I was ashamed of myself. It didn’t help that I was surrounded by supernaturals who I affected greatly and had nightmares and night terrors every night with no ease. Seeing him made me remember everything I’ve ever done and with the added effects of the rejection. I just wanted to curl up and die. 

Honestly speaking, that night was the night I had planned to end it all but when the organization’s agents walked in as I was getting on the chair to hang myself, I put up quite a fight because I was just done with it all. 

Since being here though has been pretty great, I mean at first it was hell with the constant night terrors and hallucinations of past victims and Riley. I’ve done everything from music therapy, art therapy, one on one and group. It was pretty tough at first telling people of my personal life and past but It’s been great to meet ex hunters, some of which were my own men who have experiences with PTSD and wanting to change their lives. 

To say they were surprised to see me here is an understatement, they know how I used to be, a monster and I see that now so when they saw me here getting help, they had their doubts as did I but I proved and am proving to them, myself and hopefully Altan that I am changing and trying to be a better person. 

Everyday for the past few weeks we attend somewhat of a church confession where we confess one thing we’re ashamed of and have to write a journal entry about how we feel after. There were days we held memorials for the victims and let go of balloons with letters of apology and asking for forgiveness. 

“Brent you have a visitor.” My case worker said as she peeked her head in. Who would be here so early? Kingsley doesn’t get off of work for another two hours. 

“Um, ok?” I said and got off my bed and we walked to the sitting area where patients usually hang out but it was pretty empty today. 

“Altan?” I asked as my eyes met his. I was beyond shocked. 

“Uh, hi.” He said and I sat on the couch next to him. 

“Hi…you’re here and alone?” I said, not really sure where to start. 

“How have you been?” He asked. 

“Good I guess. I’m trying to get better.” I said. 

“That’s good, you look good. Are you eating? Sleeping ok?” He said and fired off questions. 

“Thanks and I am eating, sleeping not so much.” I said playing with my fingers. 

“What’s been going on?” He asked. 

“Same thing that’s been happening for the past eight months. Everything from nightmares to hallucinations. How are you?” I asked before he shot off any more questions.

“That sucks, I’m sorry to hear that and I’ve been ok.” He said. 

“That's good.” I said.