•II - I Do•

THE REHEARSAL isn't going as well as planned.

Draco was nervous, and hesitant. He swallowed the lump in his throat hearing his father sigh in disappointment for the hundredth time. He can't blame him, they went through the vows so many times, yet each time, Draco just couldn't seem to get it right.

The pastor let out a tired sigh, and said in a bored tone, "Let's try that again, shall we, Mr. Malfoy?"

Nodding his head, Draco agreed, "Yes.. Certainly."

"Right," said the pastor.

"Right!" Draco exclaimed, making Astoria give a small chuckle, "I uh, With this.. this hand," he said, and took the girl's elbow, but he get's flustered touching her, "I'm sorry-"

"Continue!" exclaimed the pastor. Astoria smiled comfortingly, and stepped forwards three times, but The blonde accidentally takes four, "Three steps! Three steps, can you not count?!" 

Draco immediately stepped back, accidentally bumping the table, which he apologized at, but when he saw what it was, it just made him flushed red.

Merlin, this day really couldn't get any worse, can it.

Mr. Greengrass gave a sigh, and said, "Just skip it to the candle bit."

The blonde looked at him in confusion, "Candle?"

"The candle! Can you not remember anything at all?!" the pastor exclaimed in anger.

Draco wanted to speak up to that, saying that he does remember, he remembers a lot of things he never wants to remember again. The war, the people who died because of them, the dark lord.

He forced to shake the thoughts away, "Right, the candle," he said, and grabbed a candle, "With this candle, I-"

But before he could finish, the door opened, and it showed Francis Warrenton- a wizard with power, and a frenemy of all pureblood families, but he's a lawyer of the most of them.

"I apologize for being late," he said with a grin.

Mr. Greengrass let out, yet another sigh "Not now, Francis."

Francis asked for a chair from the Greengrass' doorman, and when it arrived, he immediately sat down, settling beside Daphne, who scooted away a bit, "Oh, I must not miss this, this gathering is rather.. important."

Shaking her head, Mrs. Greengrass nodded to the pastor to continue.

"With this candle.. this candle," said Draco as he tried to light the candle, but it took a couple of tries before he finally lit the candle. But as he was just about to speak, he accidentally blew the fire out of the candle, making everyone groan in annoyance.

"Do you not wish to be married, Mr. Malfoy?" asked the pastor.

Not really, thought the blonde, but ofcourse he didn't say that, "Yes, ofcourse."

The pastor shook his head in annoyance, "Did you even remember to bring the ring?"

"Yes, I did," Draco said, and pulled out the ring from his pocket, but when he did, it slipped right out of his fingers, and rolled on the floor, stopping right infront of Mrs. Greengrass.

Gasping, the pastor said, "He dropped the ring! He doesn't want to get married!"

Draco cringed at himself, and went to get it, "I'm really sorry, I'll get it."

He knelt down infront of Mrs. Greengrass, and picked up the ring without looking at the old woman, and Daphne couldn't help but just suppress her giggles.

The blonde stood up, but he stumbled, and accidentally- once again, hit the table, but this time, a lit candle in the candle holder fell right onto Mrs. Greengrass' dress, making everyone scream in terror.

"Get it off! Get it off!" exclaimed the old woman as she tries to put out the fire by stepping on it, but it didn't.

"Enough! This wedding cannot take place if he's not properly prepared!" exclaimed the pastor angrily.

Draco's eyes widen in fear as he slowly backed away towards the door.

Finally, the fire was put out when Francis poured his drink that was given by the doorman on the dress. He smiled, and shrugged.

In a small voice, the blonde apologized, "I'm sorry."

The pastor pointed towards the door, "Young man, learn your vows!"

At that, Draco stumbled out the door, humiliated. And when he finally walked out of the Greengrass' manor, he ran, and ran, as far as he could.

Until he reached the woods.

The woods were dark, but the moonlight shone down to him, so he had enough light. 

When he noticed he got far enough, he stopped running, and sighed to himself. Why did he have to be such a disappointment?

As he walked to nowhere, he mumbled to himself, "With this hand, I will.. I will empty your cup- no, that's not it," he walked deeper into the woods, "With this candle, I will.. I will...." he let himself sit on a rock, "I will light your mother on fire."

A frustrated groan left his lips, "This is useless!" he exclaimed, running a hand through his platinum blonde hair, the snow from it falling on the floor.

Even though it snowed, he didn't mind, he's felt colder.

The crows from beside him cawed, "Thank you," he chuckled to himself, and stood up, "With this hand, I will lift your sorrows, your cup will never empty, for I am your wine," he said, smiling to himself, "With this candle, I will light your way in darkness.

Draco felt his confidence building up, so, he pulled out the ring from his pocket, and stared at it in awe. It was her mother's, a family heirloom.

It had a green diamond in the middle, and an 'M' engraved inside of it. It looked beautiful like it always did. Narcissa used to tell him that one day, he will give this to a woman he loves very dearly.

But that's not exactly what's happening right now, is it?

The blonde knelt down on one knee, "With this ring," he said, and slipped it on a twisted twig that was standing on the ground, and with a confident voice, he exclaimed, "I ask you to be mine!"

For a moment, it became silent, and for a moment, Draco felt stupid. All this was pointless.

That is, until he felt the wind starting to get harder. He furrowed his eyebrows as he looked around, he then, stood up.

Draco shook his head, and reached to get the ring back, but when he did, the twig suddenly grew more, and grabbed him by the wrist.

His eyes widen in fear as he tried to grab his wand with his other hand- but then he remembered he left it at home. Cause he didn't really think something like this would happen.

The blonde tried to pull back, but when he did, the hand stayed on his wrist. The only thing he could do was crawl back.

Slowly, the ground started to unravel something- a girl.

She opened her eyes, as if it's been so long since she did so. She smiled, and said,

"I do."

~~~