•XI - The Wedding•

ASTORIA SAT on her vanity as Daphne brushed her hair. Her eyes were empty, her mind was absent.

She wore a long white gown, the one he's supposed to wear on her and Draco's wedding. Everything was still the same. Same venue, same food, same vows- the only thing different is that she's not to be married to Draco.

But to Francis Warrenton instead.

The wizard everyone despised, yet adored.

"I don't get how everything came to this," Astoria mumbled to herself.

Daphne looked at her upset sister on the mirror. She soothed Astoria's hair, a look of sadness in her eyes, "It'll all be over soon, sister. You're just going to take his last name, and nothing else."

"I don't get it- why me? Why not you?" asked Astoria as she looked at her older sister through the mirror.

The older Greengrass didn't know what to say- how can Astoria ask such question? With furrowed eyebrows, Daphne shook her head, "Because I don't want to marry Malfoy. All these years, you always asked me about him. You always glanced at him from afar," she said.

Astoria stood from her seat, her eyes glassy with tears. She was angry, even though she has no right to, "Well that was before! I don't want to marry Warrenton!" she exclaimed, facing her sister.

"Well, it's not my fault there has been a change if plans, Astoria! There's nothing I can do!" Daphne exclaimed, raising her voice. Astoria was being selfish. It was Daphne who wanted to marry Draco first, but she cared for her sister.

So how was it her fault now?

"You could've took the fall to marry Warrenton! I don't know, but why not just you?!"

Daphne raised her hand, and without any other words, slapped Astoria across the face, her face red with anger.

The older Greengrass looked at her sister, "You're being selfish, Astoria. I hope it gets you somewhere- I hope it gets you to your doom."

Astoria didn't speak, she looked down, ashamed. She knew she shouldn't have said that, but this wasn't how she wanted things to go- but whatever her excuse was, she shouldn't have said those things. Especially to her sister.

Straightening her dress, Daphne walked out of the room, her eyes glassy with tears, and on the way to her own room, she saw Francis Warrenton stand outside Astoria's room, as if he was eavesdropping.

Daphne furrowed her eyebrows, which Francis just smiled at. Ignoring him, the older Greengrass entered her own room. There was no way she was going to attend her sister's wedding now.

She remembered the time in Hogwarts, she and Draco were on the same year, she liked him, but then Astoria started talking about him, asking her stuff. 

By that time, Daphne knew she needed to back away, because she wanted to give everything to her sister. Her sister's happiness is more important than some boy. 

She just didn't expect this turn of events.

But it's out of her hands now.

* * *

"With this candle, I will light your way to darkness. With this ring, I ask you to be mine."

Astoria let Francis slip the ring on her finger, and she picked up the candle from the table. It was time to say her own vows, and everyone waited in anticipation, "With this hand, I will lift your sorrows. Your cup will never be empty, for I am your wine," she said, her eyes emotionless, and her words empty, "With this candle, I will light your way to darkness. With this ring, I ask you to be mine," she said, and slipped the ring on Francis' finger.