•III - The Land Of The Dead•

WHISPERS AND mumbles were heard in Draco's ears. 

With furrowed eyebrows, he slowly opened his eyes, and they widen when he saw the people- no, absolutely not alive- around him.

They were bones! bones! 

He tried to remember what happened, all he remember is that the girl was leaning forward to kiss him- he had fainted. Draco backed away, but the table was in the way.

"Stop right there! Don't come near me!" he exclaimed. He knows he's seen ghosts before, and it's not really the creepiest thing he has ever seen. I mean, have you seen.. Voldemort? But that doesn't mean he'll be comfortable around literal corpses!

The girl in the wedding dress shook her head, and smiled reassuringly, "It's alright, we're not going to harm you, Draco!"

Draco furrowed his eyebrows in confusion, "How do you know my name?" he asked, keeping his distance.

She gave a small laugh, "You think I'd marry a stranger? Come on!"

The other people- or should I say, corpses, mumbled things to themselves, such as saying Draco is fresh, or very soft, whatever that meant.

But the blonde was just confused. Married?

"Hold on, did you say.. Marry?" he asked the girl.

Stopped for a moment, and stared at Draco, as if observing if he was being serious. After about a few seconds, the girl cleared her throat, and nodded, "You're my husband- you gave me this ring!" she said, putting her hand out to show them the beautiful ring with the green diamond on it.

Draco felt his world stop- this was not happening. Not now, not ever!

The blonde tried to slap himself, but was stopped when a skeleton man approached him, and shook his hand, it was very weird, "Please to meet you! Oh look! His arm stayed on!" the skeleton said.

Another skeleton man went over, and put his head on his chest, and with wide eyes, he pulled away, "H's still breathing! And his heart is still beating!"

"Please leave him alone, he's just arrived!" exclaimed the girl in the wedding dress, and just like that, the skeleton men left him alone.

It was very confusing- ofcourse his arm would stay on, and why won't his heart beat? Why would they think- unless..

"Where am I?"

Everyone stopped what they were doing, and looked at him. Draco didn't like that he had all their attention (But he bet his twelve year old self would absolutely love that), but he wants answers, and he wants them now.

The girl in the wedding dress walked forward, "The land of the dead, of course."

And just like that, his eyes widen. Was he dead? No, his heart is still beating! 

Draco acted fast, and looked around, seeing a sword, he tried to pull it out of a skeleton's body- but it was stuck, so in the end, he raised the skeleton along with the sword, it was a dwarf, anyways, "Stay away! I've got," he stopped, and cringed at himself, "A dwarf- and I will not hesitate to use him as a weapon unless I get answers! Why am I here? Who is she? What is she?"

The dwarf that had the sword right through him chugged down his.. beer (Which ofcourse, just went right through him), and chuckled, "You're in for a ride, buddy! You might want to sit down!"

But the blonde did not. Instead, he waited in anticipation for them to star explaining atleast something.

For a moment, Draco thought he wasn't going to get any answers, until they started singing, ofcourse.

"You corpses who still have an ear, to the song of damsel, we hold so dear!" they sang as they danced around.

The girl just stayed there, smiling to herself, but sometimes frowning at the memories from the song. They called her the Corpse Bride, because she was supposed to be married that day, it was beautiful, she was beautiful. It was finally the day she was going to be the bride, not another bride's maid. But that didn't age well.

Instead, her life was taken away that night- and from that night, she swore to wait for him.

Then Draco came, that's basically it.

Before they could even finish the song, Draco ducked the people, "Pardon me," he said, and finally, he found the door out. A sigh of relief went out of his mouth once he has. 

But it wasn't long until he heard her voice, the Corpse Bride.

"Draco?!" she exclaimed, looking around for the boy.

The blonde immediately ran, he didn't know where, he just did. He doesn't know where to go, but anywhere is better than that place, or anywhere near that girl.

So he ran, and he ran, and ran.

* * *

Back in the land of the living, Astoria sat in her room, levitating a piece of cloth using her wand. She stared at a place, whilst her sister, Daphne, put on a beauty face mask on herself.

It was still snowing outside, and it was very cold, so there was a fire lit up in the fireplace. 

Both Astoria and Daphne knew that their parents were furious with Draco for what he did, they could hear Narcissa and Lucius practically begging their parents to just give them a chance.

The Malfoys weren't like this before, and Astoria just couldn't help but feel bad that they had to do this just to get their family name's worth back.

"Maybe they're right- maybe Draco doesn't want to be married to me," a sigh left Astoria's lips.

Daphne raised an eyebrow, and looked at her sister from the mirror, "You're being silly," she chuckled, and turned around to face her sister properly, "He's bound to show up sometime soon, don't worry about it."

Astoria just laid on her bed, and looked at the ceiling. Daphne was right, I mean, what they had earlier, their moment. Astoria couldn't get the way Draco played the piano out of her mind. She thinks it was absolutely beautiful!

He really was talented, and the youngest Greengrass sister was surprised he even knew how to play the piano, it was a muggle instrument, after all.

But another reason why she can't forget that moment was because she felt something. Like something inside of her clicked when she heard Draco play the muggle instrument.

All this- this wasn't just.. nothing, right?

~~~