•Epilogue - He Tells Her Story•

IT SEEMED like only yesterday when the series of events happened in one night for Draco.

But in reality, it has been years. And even though he has all this time to be happy, he didn't seem to be satisfied.

After that night, Draco declined Astoria's wedding invitation. He didn't want to marry anymore, and of course, Lucius was furious when he found out when Draco got home that night.

But one thing he learned from Y/N was that, there was no point being afraid. Every one dies in the end, everyone meets in the same place. Six feet under.

Draco sat by his window, his quill in hand, ink dripping from the tip of it. As the blonde wrote the last letter, a sigh of relief slipped out of his mouth.

Looking at his desk, he saw the other parchments, just laying around on the table. From afar, it just seemed like parchments full of words. Words no one would ever understand. But as Draco walked towards it, he knew it was something more.

It was a story.

Her story. 

Draco thought that Y/N's story was worth telling. Their crazy adventures of love that night- it was irreplaceable. The blonde would never want to forget, and writing it down seemed like the best idea for him.

And finishing it just now felt amazing.

But the story wasn't really over. He didn't want to end it just like that. He wants the ending to mean something- not just a happily ever after.

The blonde didn't know what to write down, so he just let it blank, leaving the last word with a period. Draco didn't know, but in a few years time, people would ask him, what happened?

He wouldn't know what to answer- but that wasn't important right now.

It was good to leave people with questions sometimes, it keeps them thinking, and wondering, and imagining of the thousands of possibilities that happened.

But as sad as it sounds, their story's ending won't satisfy the readers- in fact, their story didn't have a proper ending at all.

Draco always wondered, if they could have been together, would they have stayed together for long? probably. It was funny how in just one night, Draco felt this rollercoaster of feelings. How he fell in love with her for just a short amount of time.

Though he didn't really realize it right away. He only realized it when she left.

The blonde closed his eyes, and imagined Y/N beside him, her arms around his arm, and looking through his shoulder, as if peeking at his work.

"I love it," she would say, making Draco smile.

He opened his eyes, and looked beside him, but instead of seeing Y/N, he saw a butterfly instead. The same butterfly he let go of at the very beginning of their story.

Draco smiled, and slowly picked the butterfly up with his finger, "I've written your story down- our story down. As cheesy as it sounds, they'll know our whole love story."

The blonde knew that Y/N would've chuckled at that.

But she's not there.

Opening his window, Draco let the butterfly fly up in the air, and just like that, it disappeared into the sky.

Draco smiled to himself, and sat back down, his smile not leaving his lips as he read through his words.

This is the part where it ends. This is the ending.

He's going to tell her story. And people will listen.

It was something worth listening to.

~THE END~