•X - Nothing Keeping Him•

"SURELY THERE'S something we can do, right..?"

Y/N's voice was small, as if she didn't want to say it. And really, she didn't want to, but her heart says otherwise. Her mind knew that if Draco wanted to go, she should let her, but her heart wants him to stay.

Olke thought for a moment, before saying, "You'll have to continue the ceremony- say your vows."

At that, the girl immediately stood up, "I'll say them right now-" but before she could even finish, the old skeleton shook his head, "What?"

"Draco said his vows up in the land above, so you too, shall say your vows in the land of the living," said Olke.

Y/N stared at a space, her face unreadable. She let herself fall on the chair, a tired sigh leaving her lips, "We'll never get up there without him knowing. If he finds out.." the girl trailed off, her eyes glancing at Draco, "He'll leave me."

Olke didn't know what to say- he didn't want to hurt the girl's feelings, but it'll lessen the pain if he tells her now than later, right?

"Perhaps.. it's time for you to accept that some things aren't meant to stay forever."

The girl fiddled with her fingers, "But.." she once again trailed off, "I love Draco- I know I haven't been with him for long, but he showed me a lot already- and he's made me feel things I never knew I'd feel."

Feeling bad, the old skeleton thought for a moment, and as he did, he looked behind Y/N, his eyes (Though he didn't really have any.) widen seeing the blonde.

Draco stood behind Y/N with a shocked expression on his face. Olke stood up from his seat, making Y/N furrow her eyebrows, and turn around to look at where the old skeleton was looking.

Olke cleared his throat, "I suppose you'll need to talk," he said, and with that, he walked away.

Y/N looked down, a sigh leaving her lips. There was no way he was going to stay now.

The blonde cleared his throat, and sat in front of the girl, his eyes studying her, as if waiting for her to say something.

Sensing the tension, Y/N looked up, and when she met Draco's eyes, she immediately looked away, "How much did you hear?" she asked.

"Olke saying that I said my vows from above," he said.

A sigh slipped out of the girl's lips, "I'm sorry, you weren't supposed to hear that."

He nodded, "Clearly," he said, a tired sigh leaving his lips, "Were you going to tell me?"

At that, the girl didn't answer immediately, because in all honesty, she didn't know the answer herself. She didn't want to lie to him, and she didn't want to force him into anything- but that's basically what she was doing.

"Are you going to get mad if I told you I wasn't?" she asked above a whisper.

Draco didn't answer, instead, he nodded. He had the right to know everything that had to do something with him, so why weren't you going to tell him?

But even though a part of him wants to get mad, his heart tells otherwise. He understands you, you just didn't want to let him go that easily- he heard her admit her love for him, and was he happy? He wants to believe that he isn't. But he is.

The blonde looked at the girl, "Why didn't you just ask me?" he said, making Y/N let out a sarcastic laugh.

"Would you have said yes?"

Draco thought for a moment- he didn't want to leave her mother, but his father is still there, and he knows that deep inside, even though Lucius wasn't the best father, Draco knew that he loved Narcissa, and that he'll take care of her.

There was no one keeping the blonde in the land of the living, Astoria is getting married to someone else, his parents went through worse things.

So why should he say no?

"If it meant a lot to you- then I won't say no."

Y/N's eyes raised to meet his, her eyes wide in surprise. Was he really.. going to marry her? She smiled at him, "Wait, really?"

Draco slid his hands over to the girl's, intertwining them together, "Why not? I mean, you're not all that bad," he teased, making Y/N chuckle.

The girl didn't know what it was, but Draco really did things to her. Her heart flutters with every word he says. He's like a poet, even though his words aren't like Shakespeare's, his words are music to Y/N's ears.

"Okay- but how sure are you?" asked Y/N, trying to contain her happiness. There was still one thing that he needs to do in order to complete the ceremony- he needs to really go to the land of the dead.

And Draco knew that, "I'm pretty sure I want to do it."

Y/N couldn't contain her excitement, she stood up, and pulled the blonde with her, holding his hand tightly, "Excuse me, everyone!"

Draco couldn't help but chuckle as everyone stopped what they were doing to look at them. The music stopped, and all eyes were on the young couple, "What's going on?" asked a skeleton.

The girl and the blonde gave each other a glance, "We've decided to move the party upstairs!"

At that, everyone looked around, giving one another a confused look, "Like, upstairs upstairs?" a lady skeleton asked.

Y/N nodded, "Upstairs upstairs, indeed," she said, making everyone cheer with joy. They've never been there ever since they all died- so it really was exciting, "Prepare for a wedding, my friends! Cause Draco an I are getting married!"

It was as if the cheers weren't loud enough, the dead people screamed with such happiness for the two. They all know Y/N since from the start, and they're happy that the girl has finally found someone to return her love.

Draco stared at Y/N in awe as everyone cheered for the two of them. She looked so.. happy. The blonde felt his heart warm up, its cold surface burning, as if finally, his heart is now fully melted and soft.

Does he regret his decision? No, if it meant seeing Y/N smile like that.

~~~