•VI - I Don't Belong Here•

DRACO CLIMBED the vines from a balcony, and even though he had no idea how to climb, he managed to do so.

His quidditch skills came in handy for not falling.

As soon as he carefully stepped foot onto the balcony, he looked inside, a sigh of relief coming out of his lips when he saw Astoria drinking tea by the fireplace. She was alone, and it's like she was deep in her thoughts.

The blonde didn't waste any time, he knocked on the glass door, making Astoria jump in surprise.

But when she saw the blonde, she immediately stood up from her seat, and opened the glass door, and afterwards, she tackled him into a hug, as if there was no tomorrow, "I have been worried!" she exclaimed as she back away, "Where did you go? Are you hurt? Come, it's cold out there."

Draco didn't really have the time to explain to Astoria, so as soon as they sat on the couch by the fire, the blonde looked into Astoria's eyes, "We don't have much time- I need your help."

Astoria, even though surprised, said, "Of course, anything, my love."

The blonde didn't know how to react to the petname, but he just let it be, this was no time to talk about that, there were things far more important than Astoria calling him my love.

"I.." Draco didn't know how to continue, cause he himself can't believe that he's married for the love of Salazar.

Suddenly, the wind blew, making the blonde panic. For some reason, he knew that she was near, Y/N has found out.

Astoria took his hands in his, "You what? Draco, I need to know in order to help you, darling."

The wind blew more, "Astoria, I seemed to have found myself married," he said without missing a beat. He had to do it fast, "And you should know that it's very much unexpected."

With a shake of her head (out of confusion, of course.), Astoria exclaimed, "What? To whom?"

Before Draco could answer, the corpse bride stepped over the balcony, her veil covering her face as she stumbled to stand up, "Oh, I'm sorry, I'm such a mess, I wouldn't want to leave a bad impression to your-"

But when she looked up, she can't say she was surprised to see both Draco and Astoria by the fireplace, their hands linked together.

Y/N felt her blood boil (Of course that's an expression, she didn't really have blood.), her eyes showed rage. She wasn't surprised but she was mad at herself for trusting Draco. She's so stupid.

"It's not what you think, Astoria, she's de-"

The corpse bride didn't let the blonde finish his sentence, instead, she gave a sarcastic smile towards Astoria, who stood there frozen like a corpse, eyes wide in surprise, "Oh, I didn't know I'll be meeting the other woman."

Draco stood up, "Y/N-"

Once again, Y/N didn't let him finish. She walked towards him, and grabbed his arm, "Hopscotch!" she exclaimed, and just like that, the two of them were pulled from the Greengrass' manor, to the land of the dead, in Olke's little library.

Y/N let go of Draco in anger, her eyes dark with hate. The blonde would be lying if he said he wasn't terrified, because she really did look scary when angry.

"I'm-"

Before the blonde could let out an obvious lie once again, Y/N threw her arms around in anger, "You lied to me! Just so you can go back to that other woman!"

Draco shook his head in disbelief, "Don't you understand? You are  the other woman!"

"You married me! She's the other woman!  Plus,  you lied to me!" Y/N exclaimed, "And I believed you!"

A moment of silence passed, and Olke watched the two of them fight, it was quite the show for him. Olke thinks the two were being very stupid, in his opinion.

The blonde felt bad, of course he did. Y/N has been nothing but kind to him, and he tried to escape this- whatever this land is.

Though in Draco's defense, he didn't mean to marry Y/N! he didn't mean to marry anyone at all!

But at the same time, the blonde did blame himself a bit. If he didn't walk out on the rehearsal wedding, this wouldn't be happening right now, he's be in his bed, sleeping soundly, and he wouldn't be married to this corpse bride.

Although, Draco thought to himself, did he regret meeting the girl? That's a question he seemed to have a hard time answering.

Y/N stared at him for a moment, as if waiting for an apology, and the blonde knew that.

But instead, he told her, "I don't belong here."

The girl shook her head in disbelief, "I've been trying my best to make you feel like you do, but instead you lied to me," she said, and with that, she walked out of Olke's library, a frown on her face.

Draco let out a sigh and closed his eyes, as if that was going to fix everything. He's not supposed to be here, he's not supposed to be married to a corpse.

It's as if this was all his fault.

"You should follow her, you know."

The blonde opened his eyes at the voice of the old skeleton. He furrowed his eyebrows, "I don't have the need to..?"

Olke let out a chuckle, "Oh trust me, you have no idea what goes on inside a woman's head. They tend to blame everything on men."

"And isn't that a bad thing?" asked Draco.

The old skeleton tilted his head, and shook his head after quite some time, "I don't think so. In Y/N's situation, no it's not," he had said, earning Draco's interest, "The men in Y/N's past life hasn't been good to her, young boy. Her father hurt her. Her past relationships never went well. And lastly, a man is the reason why she's here right now instead of living her life up there."

Draco took all of the information in. Now, he felt more bad. She didn't deserve any of those, she deserved a better life than the one she lived.

With a frustrated sigh, the blonde asked, "What do you suggest I do, Olke?"

The old skeleton gave Draco a small smile, "Apologize to her. Show her you care."

That was all what Draco needed. He walked out of Olke's library, and went to search for Y/N.

He had to apologize.

And tell her, that he cares.

~~~