•IX - Not Married•

ASTORIA GREENGRASS cried, as if that's the only thing she did. 

How can everything go wrong in one night? The rehearsal wedding, Draco being married to another- a corpse at that!

She didn't know what to think anymore. She was locked inside her room, and for real this time. Her windows were locked from the outside, and the glass was covered with wood. And they confiscated her wand.

There was no way out now.

And as if the night wasn't bad enough, she had to marry Francis Warrenton. In a few hours, she's to be Mrs. Warrenton. She doesn't want to be.

But she doesn't really have a choice, now does she?

* * *

"Lester!?" exclaimed Draco in surprise, but a smile grew on his face. It was nice to see a familiar face.

The former coachman looked up, and smiled when he saw Draco, "Oh, good to see you, young Malfoy!" he exclaimed.

Draco slid on the chair beside Lester's, "It's nice to see you to!" he exclaimed, but then noticed the man's color, he was a bit.. blue. The blonde's smile dropped, "Er- I'm sorry," he apologized.

At this point. Y/N had told the people to give the two some privacy to talk, and the blonde couldn't be more thankful.

"Oh, it's alright," the former coachman chuckled, waving his hand to shrug it off, "I'm happy to be here. I'm not in pain. And there's no more master Lucius to boss me around- oh, sorry about that, Draco."

The blonde just shrugged it off, a laugh escaping his lips, "I wish father won't boss me around," he said, making Lester chuckle, "So, how's everyone?"

"Uh, well, your parents are looking for you. Mrs. Malfoy is worried about you," the former coachman nodded. Draco let out a sigh. He didn't want her mother to worry, but there's nothing he could do as of the moment, "And miss Astoria-"

"Yeah?" asked Draco, leaning his elbows on the table in anticipation.

The former coachman shrugged as he take another sip of his drink, "Well, she's getting married this evening."

Draco stopped for a moment, trying to process what just came out of the former coachman's mouth, "What?"

"Miss Astoria is getting married to Mr. Warrenton," said Lester.

The blonde didn't know what to say. He liked Astoria- well, not in that way. But Astoria seemed nice, and he felt bad for her. Francis Warrenton isn't a really nice man.

"But why?" asked Draco.

Even though he was slightly happy that him marrying Astoria was out of his hair, he couldn't help but get curious.

It was like this morning, they were to be married, then now- well, he didn't really expect to be married to a corpse either.

Lester let out a short laugh, "Well, they didn't want to waste the cake and all!"

Draco just let out a sigh as Lester started a new conversation with the bartender. The blonde thought for a moment, how he misses his mother- the only person who really loved him.

The blonde felt bad for worrying his mother, but soon, hopefully, he was to be with her again.

As Draco was deep in thought, Y/N stared at him from afar. She's worried of what might happen. She thinks that now he knows about Astoria's wedding he might really want to go back.

And will she do it? Will she let him go?

In all honesty, she will. For the short amount of time, she has learned to love the boy. She experienced all the things that love makes you experience.

The happiness, the pain. 

And if he really wants to go, the part where you let them go because you want them to be happy.

Love really is a crazy thing. But nevertheless, a lot of people choose to love that to not at all.

* * *

A party raged on inside the pub. But it wasn't much loud.

There were people- or skeletons enjoying the drinks, and the stories from one another. Everyone was very much having fun.

Y/N was at a side, sitting down on a small table all by herself while Draco talked to Lester. She just stared at him, and the blonde, noticing a stare, looked at her, giving her a small smile.

She smiled back, and just like that, Draco went back to talking to the former coachman.

The girl let out a small sigh, and leaned her head on her palm.

"I see the celebration is going well."

At the voice, Y/N looked up, and saw Olke. She gave him a small smile as the old skeleton sat down in front of him, "Hello, Olke."

The old skeleton nodded, "I've always wondered why people only look forward for the celebration more than the ceremony itself."

Y/N furrowed her eyebrows in confusion, "What?"

"This is your celebration for the wedding, is it not?" asked Olke.

"Oh!" exclaimed Y/N, "This isn't a celebration, it's just a small get together, I guess. Besides, the ceremony went quite fast if you asked me."

The old skeleton looked at her, a small chuckle leaving his lips, "As it should be. Back in my day, we didn't even need the celebration! As long as we said our vows," he said, chugging down a cup of beer- which just went right through him.

Y/N let out a laugh. In all honesty, she never liked the vows part, they tend to get too long, "Lucky for me, I didn't have to. I was rather silent!"

"I'm sorry, what?!"

At Olke's surprised voice, Y/N looked at him with such confusion on her face, "I was rather silent..?" she said a bit hesitantly.

"You didn't say your vows?" asked the old skeleton.

With a bit of a frightened expression, the girl said, "No..?"

Olke gave her a worried look, and at that point, Y/N knew something's wrong.

"But, my child, you both must say the vows for the marriage to be binding."

Y/N froze when she heard that. Swallowing the lump in her throat, she asked the old skeleton, "What are you saying, Olke?"

A sigh went out of the old skeleton's lips, "You're not really married, Y/N," he said, giving the scared girl a look of sadness, "He's free to go."

It was as if Y/N's world collapsed before her. Those words hit her like a canon ball, and it scared her. 

The girl looked at the boy from across the room, he laughed at something Lester said. Y/N knew she said that she can let him go, but now that it's happening,

She doesn't know if she still can.

~~~